Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about new seats?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by walla2k5, Nov 14, 2004.

1. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

In a long line of upgrades,I think new seats will be needed in the near future for the K5...Anyone want to reccomend a particular brand/model? New? ,used? They don't need to be high dollar racing seats,(but it might be nice)more like comfort,support,drive all day,ect...Thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. boz42

boz42 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have 2 corbeau baja ultra ss(frt) & 2 normal baja's(rear) in my rig i like them o.k. they would be way to bulky for a d.d. though.

i think the beards & the mastercrafts are nicer & a little more comfy, but the price is a good bit higher for them also. those are the only seats i have any experience w/

u could have what u got re-upholstered (splg). get someone good to do it & u will be happy w. it for many, many years.

3. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I'm seriously thinking about getting Premier seats. The suspension seats are supposed to be real nice for the trail. The side bolstering would make it a pain getting in and out for a daily driver, at least for a big fella like me.

There's a write Steve did recently for the UAV. I think you can link it off the home page.

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've got recaro recliners which are real nice in my '78 but I'm not sure how they'd hold up to seriuos wheelin. You can see them in my photo link below.

5. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

6. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I just threw a set of 03 trialbalzer heated/lumbar/power leather seats in my k5. Best improvement I have ever made.
    comfy look 1000 times better, can finaly adjust my self into a comfatble posiiton, my back doesnt hurt, and did I mention they are heated /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif