Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about painting in the cold

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Stickseler, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

OK Its suppose to be a high of 40 lows of 20 this weekend with rain on Saturday, I just got my sandblaster and wanted to do above the gas tank while its out. Sould I just spray some paint and wait till next year to do it right when its warmer? Or can I put paint on when its that cold? I was planning on putting POR-15 on the rusted spots first. But I need my truck driveable on Monday.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

its not good to paint when its that cold /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif if you can get it in the garage and use a heater to get it warmer then you would be ok /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've got to do some this weekend myself, wheels to be exact. It's suppose to stay dry. Here's my plan, I get the sanding done, clean the wheel, then I have this nifty heat gun the wife found at the drug store or some other place, dry the wheel completely, while warming it up, when paint is ready, the wheel should be warm enough for almost instant paint dryage.

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

I spraypainted in the 40's.. didnt hurt it any... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif