Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about pismo beach on holidays

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Aug 29, 2002.

ok, im going to pismo beach this weekend with alot of trucks, but we ahve no reservations so were gonna leave all the trucks but one in the city and get the ticket for just the one at pismo for staying overnight without reservations. how much is the ticket going to be??
    thanx

1. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> $270, they just raised the fine from $64 to avoid people doing this. Apparantly there are limits to the amount of people on the beach due to the Snowy Plover issues. </font color>

2. 270?? r u sure? ouch, so what are my options now?? is there n e overnight parking lots i can staay at for the night?

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Geez man, thanks for the vote of confidence /forums/images/icons/wink.gif . Here it is straight from the horse's mouth. This is an excerpt from a State Parks Press Release dated July 25, 2002 about the success of the Snowy Plover Nesting program -

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    ...Additionally, fines for illegal camping access at Ocean Dunes recently were elevated from $64 to $270 in order to maintain compliance with California Coastal Commission requirements to impose a limit on attendance during the summer months and help reduce conflicts between riders and nesting birds...

[/ QUOTE ] </font color>

4. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

Oso Flaco, Lake Nacimiento, and one other at a lake in the area, these do not fill up as fast as the beach does, but they are all about an hour away.

5. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

you can leave the trucks at calpoly parking, just make sure you pay for parking and getit out before 7am. also you could drive in the beach after they close and blend in /forums/images/icons/smile.gif i've gone there a few times afer hours and show up first thing in the morning to pay my dues on my way out. sometimes they just let me go through /forums/images/icons/smile.gif also if you trailer one of the trucks in you wont have to pay /forums/images/icons/smile.gif so if you could convince someone inside to trailer your truck in you'll be set.

hope this aint too late
    ARQ.

6. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

The sneaking in only applies on the slow weekends, this a a HUGE weekend for pismo. The only bigger ones are the 4th of July and Thankgiving, you need reservations to get in, sometimes 6 months in advance on these weekends. I'd really doubt if you could get in even for day use right now.