Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about poly body mounts

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Stickseler, Nov 13, 2002.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I got my poly body-mounts, my 1" pucks and my other stuff last week, and as I was putting on the mounts I realized I needed to get the 6 new washers for the top and bottom ( the only parts not with the kit /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif ) so I ordered them form LMC the bottoms are fine but there tops come with bushings.

I pulled out their bushing and went to put the poly ones on and there very hard to get on, once I get them on they can be pushed down. Should I worry about the poly mounts splitting when there that tight?? The long way there 5/64" too big, on the short way there about 9/64" to big. Actually looking at them from the side it looks like they mushroom a bit from the top maybe for the 1st 1/8" or so, then its 3/32" too big the short way, but the same on the long way.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I'm going to guess that they'll be OK. Are the new washers the same size as the factory parts? One thing we have to deal with here is a lot of tolerance variation through the years and with different vendors. Luckily the body mounts don't see a lot of stress, especially in that direction so having to force them together a bit should be fine. If it seems like it's too much, you might call Daystar and get one of their tech guys to check out the bushings to make sure they're the right size. I can give you their 800 number if you need it. It's a lot faster talking right to them with stuff like this.

3. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

They fit fine on the factory ones by the radiator. The rest were rusted so I thought I'd replace all of em. I guess I'l put em on and keep an eye on them. If I have a problem Ill just order the other half of the LMC one.

Thanks.
    Rich