Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about radiators.need answers asap please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BIG*RED, Jun 7, 2005.

1. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

my radiator sprung a leek..found a member here who has a 4 core for a good price. but before i comit to it i have a few questions
    my truck has a manual transmission with ac
    i was told that radiators for manual transmissions are different from automatic transmissions radiators..is this correct?..not sure which one he has, i pm'd him but no responce yet.. but does anyone know if there is a difference in the radiators?

2. RustyParts

RustyParts 1/2 ton status

The only difference I'm aware of is the automatic radiator has a cooler installed in the radiator tank for cooler the transmission oil. There are two fittings on the automatic radiator tank for connecting the transmission cooling lines.

3. trailblazr81

trailblazr81 1/2 ton status

They are different. The auto trans radiators have the holes and internals to run tranny cooler lines. If yours is a manual and you are getting an auto tranny radiator you will be fine, but it wont work the other way around unless you get a seperate tranny cooler. The having AC wont matter, they were just a little bigger. It will all still fit and since the AC radiator is bigger its better!! :cool1:

4. BIG*RED

BIG*RED 1/2 ton status

ok its "camsk5" desert cool 4 core radiator..like i said wasn't sure if it is for mt or at..but he did tell me that he "took it out of my 82 one ton k5 "and since mine is a 82k5..i was thinking it would be a good deal..so if it is for an at i can umm plug the tranny cooler lines?

5. RustyParts

RustyParts 1/2 ton status

Yes, to keep out dirt in case you decide to sell it to someone else.