Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about rear shackle flips!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by patrickcampbell, Sep 3, 2003.

1. patrickcampbell

patrickcampbell Registered Member

I was thinking about buying the shackle flip kit from offroad design, and i was just wondering how well it handles on the road. Does it sway more or is it pretty solid? THANX

2. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

The ORD Shackle Flip is a well built unit.
    I am getting ready to install them on mine.
    Many people here have them and no bad issues have been brought up. Echobit also has a Flip that doesnt require the removal of the stock mount..it attaches to it and it gives you another 1-2 inches of lift.

You can also try the "Search" function at the top of the screen to locate more information from past posts /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

ORD makes/sells some pretty darn good stuff. Echobit one is significantly easier to install. both are good.

The only thing you may want to consider is that there has been significant talks about it not towing too well.

I tow with it, many tow with it, but you know, read everything, and then decide for yourself.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Just forget about towing with a shackle flip at all. Some may disagree with me, but I think that a shackle flipped suspension is just too soft for towing.

I have the Echobit flip (I bought one of the first kits) and I love it!!

5. funkycold

funkycold 1/2 ton status

I have had my ORD kit on for a couple of years now and have never had any problems with it.

As far as towning is concerned, I occasionally pull a couple of waverunners or a motorcycle trailer but nothing that weighs more than my truck. It does not seem to pose any problems.

6. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

My truck acts no different than before the shackle flip. I have towed with it numerous times including a trailer loaded with about 110 square hay bales and the shackle flip has not affected towing for me.