Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about removing body lift

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Eric M., May 1, 2003.

1. Eric M.

Eric M. 1/2 ton status

I want to remove the 3" body lift on my truck. Problem is, I didn't put it on, so, I'm not sure what all I need to address when removing it. Do a need to adjust the steering column, what about the shifting linkage (Turbo 400), etc. Who here has installed a body lift ... let me know what you had to do besides install the pucks, then I'll undo it on mine!

It's an 87 GM 1 ton pick up.

Thanks,

Eric M.

2. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

I installed a 3 inch body lift on a 87 blazer, really simple deal to take off. All youll have to do is loosen the shifter linkage then readjust it, obviously 3 inches shorter than before, then once the lift is off just replace the bolts with shorter ones, might wanna replace the bushings while your at it if the last person who did the lift did not replace them. As far as the column is concerned the steering shaft will just colapse on itself so you dont have to worry about it. Oh yeah, and the gas filler hose might be a little long if it has been replaced with a longer one, assuming they didnt stretch it out. I doubt whoever did the body lift relocated the bumpers so you wont have to worry about it. As far as I know I am the only one who spent the time to torch off the frame rails and relocate the stock bumpers 3 inches higher to make it look better. If I have confused you simply PM me and I will be glad to help, furthermore, if I have missed anything someone please speak up but I dont think I have.

3. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Isnt there the shifter linkage, for the column and the 4wd, however it liegthens, if it does. Whatever with the radiator and/or fan shroud. Brake lines, unless there just stretched. And last the parking brake, thinks thats all.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

You'll have to cut and weld the shifter 3" shorter or obtain a stock one. It runs from the column to the frame, then to the tranny.

Your 4wd linkage will depend which case you have.