Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about rhino lining...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, May 6, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

when i replace the rear floor and tailpan in my blazer..i like the idea of rhino lining it..and then leaving the side interior peices out. and just leaving the carpet and rear seat in it..to make more room and i think it would look better. what do you guys think? but the only thing i was wondering about..was eventually down the road..if you ever had to take the floor or something out..would it be hard to get the bolts loose from it with rhino lining over it or something?

thanx-Bryan

2. TheLakeRat

TheLakeRat 1/2 ton status

No, I'ts not hard at all. Just take a carpet knife and cut around the bolt. That should release the bolt and then peel the piece off the bolt and mark them so that you know which one came from which hole. Then you can superglue the pieces back over the new bolt.

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahh ok i c...yeah i think i will go with this idea then..thanx..
    Bryan

4. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

If you are concerned about road noise at all I would make some type of side panels or leave yours on as the factory ones are insulated. I considered the same thing, but finally decided to just re-cover my side panels with new carpet. I immagine it cuts down on road nise substantially.

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea my dad sad something about that as well..i have just thouhgt about it after i poseted that..and im thinking maybe i should recover them..but im still going to go ahead and do the rhino lining!!

Bryan-thanx