Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about seat bases, mounting ideas for racing buckets/cage

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, Apr 6, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

OK I have a set of racing buckets and 4point harnesses, I can't afford the full cage right now but I'm wanting to make some seat bases that could attached into the cage... I also want to keep my console on the floor or reattach it to the cage, I have plans for it to become a cooler /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

Speaking of anyone swap the locks on the console to the glove box and move the glove box to the console so I can lock the glove box?

back to the issue, I thought about making two bases and welding the bases to the floor in the stock locations but I would like to tie them into the cage this summer. I'm just wanting something ok to make a couple test runs before I put the cage in. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

2. ZZ4x4

ZZ4x4 1/2 ton status

Since most cages have the door sill diagonal member ( which runs from the hoop behind the seats to the front hoop) you can run two tubes sideways the width of the truck. Both front seats plus a nice Tuffy console /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gifcan attach to theses tubes. The tubes will need support for now via some additional structure, but later you will be able to tie the tube ends into the sill brace of your cage. If you look in the lower right corner you can see the end of the rear tube tied in. The front tube is welded straight into the sill braces. [​IMG]

3. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Yeah I was thinking about that in my cage design /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I guess I could make some ends that curve around to the floor... I'll have to setup my console and seats to see what it looks like