Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about shocks

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by LostChild, Apr 11, 2006.

1. LostChild

LostChild Registered Member

I Got a killer deal on a set of new tuff country shocks from a close out store, and I dont have a lift on my blazer yet and I need to know how I can go about seeing if the shocks will fit with a 4'' lift. does any one know the tuff country part # on their shocks that go with the 4'' lift, is there a way I can measure them to find out if they will fit and/or what aplication they will fit so I can sell them. thanks for any help you can offer.

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

3. LostChild

I just found them on that website thanks, I just picked up all four shocks for a 4'' lift for $16 bucks:eek1: brand new! Its been a good day. Since we are on the subject is there a measuring system to figure out shocks for custome built lifts.

4. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

That's a great deal!
    Every truck may be set up a little bit different. Alot of people relocate their shock mounts, etc.
    I thought the general rule of thumb was to measure your truck at rest from shock tab to shock tab and try to pick a shock that's gonna sit centered on that measurement and won't bottom out or over-extened at full stuff and full droop of suspension. Most reputable shocks will have specs on length for full extended and full collapsed.
    That said, in practice, with all the suspension mods going on, it's very hard to know that your shock is the right one until you get your truck on the trail and start flexing that new suspension to see what full droop and full stuff is.

5. LostChild

Right on:bow: Thats what I was looking for. :bow: :bow: