Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about stuttering..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Apr 23, 2003.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

after i replaced my plugs,wires,cap,and roter, that stuttering went away. but only when im criusing. when i stop..the engine rpms goes way down and it like barly stays running and will stutter a lot trying to get it going. and sometimes..it will be fine! this mourning it was fine..but last night it kept stalling on me cuase it was doin it so bad. i know it was cold also..but it does this also when it is warmed up. ive been told to replace the fuel filter..(mine doesnt even have on cause the nim rod that switched to a holley never put an inline one on. and also to replace the power vavle in the carb. cuase someone told me if it backfires it will blow it or something...and it does mildly back fire when it does this..it sounds diesely or something and a lot quiter and skippier when it does this...but when it doesnt..its fine. any ideas?

2. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wha Wha What was your Que Question ag ag again? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

EGR will do that if it's still open at idle. Course you have a Holly so all bets are off.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

its wierd..sometimes it will act fine. like after i get outa school today i get in it and start it up..and its been in the 30 degree weather for the better half of the day..i only let it warm up for prolly a minute...and i got going ot problem at all..sat there and idled fine..put it in gear and it ran fine. i dunno..im thinknig maybe its soething to do with the fuel lines or something..im about to put a new power vavle in it..and fuel filter..but its to damn cold to do anything right now.