Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about super swamper tsl

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by moturbopar, Oct 21, 2005.

1. moturbopar

moturbopar 1/2 ton status

Hi all, I picked up a pair super swamper tsls for $25 the tires seem to be in good condition with som scufffs on the side wall and pretty good tread. I was wondering how much tread depth the center lugs are supposed to have, These are right around 3/8" deep.
    The tires on my truck now are falling apart, I am now missing 7 of the outer lugs and the chunking is horrible!
    I think I am going to go down and buy two new TSLs to put on the front of the blazer, and put these on the rear.

tsl.jpg

chunk.jpg

2. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I believe the tread depth new on those tires is 27/32", so yours would be a little under half tread.

3. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

once those regular bias tsls hit 1/2 tread thay wear like iron. get a tire grover /hot knife like the racers use. it will bring them back to life with some cutting hear and there.

4. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

my 34x10.5 's have almost 3/4 " on the center lugs. they have about 1500 miles of pavement and rocks on them . there loud and rough riding on the street and I love them.