Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question about t-case doubler

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by muddyblzr, Jan 22, 2005.

1. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

hey i had a question about the ord doubler. i have an np203 and was wondering if i can run the doubler yall sell. is there anyway it will work or do i need a np205 t-case?
    thanks
    austin

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

pull up there sit and click on the dubler section . its all in there , what you need and what it takes to do it. if you read this it will answer all your questions.!!!!!

also go to the product review in here and there is a install write up in there lots of pics.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2005
  3. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

ahh i found it. i wasnt thinking right. now all i need is the np205 and the doubler and im set

4. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

where can i buy a crossmember for the setup? i cant find 4x4 irons one on there site. im nots ure if i can use the stock one id have to go get a junkyard one since the previous owner took a 2wd x-member and cut it up so a np203 would fit on it and have enough for a frontdriveshaft to go the front end. its scary lookin.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Give 4x4 iron a call once, see what you can come up with. Also, you can order the doubler with th 205 clocked up slightly (that's what my vote would be for) to minimize ground clearance loss and then you could probably run a much simpler crossmember.

6. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

ya i read in the product review about getting it clocked up thats what im gonna do. it may be awhile before i get the cases set up im sand blasting the frame next weekend. after that ill setup the suspension put in the axles, and bolt up the drivetrain all together at once and put the body back on. i live in houston so next time im in austin which should be soon ill swing by 4x4 iron.

7. short sub

short sub Registered Member

hey, not to burst your bubble but i just called 4x4 iron for that crossmember and they no longer sell it so what i did is get 2 stock np203 crossmembers and bolted them up. once i get my 1410 high angle driveshafts in i can see how much ill need to modify the front most x member but other then that it was simple. Also im from Sealy- just a few miles west down I10 from houston and im constantly looking for ppl. to wheel with so keep in touch with me if ya want to. ive got all the contact info on the profile. anyhow have a good one lata

8. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

ha dang ya i live in houston do u ever go to spring creek offroad park? me and some friends might go next week if your interested. its a long drive for you but its a pretty fun park its free if u drive ur 4x4 in. 10$ to park anything

9. short sub

short sub Registered Member

hey, well i just finished doing the triple stick tonight and im still waiting on the driveshafts to come in ---- so a ride this week is out for sure. some friends and i are going to alto- shiloh ridge- on feb. 19th weekend and your more then welcome to come ride out there if ya wanna just let me know. well take care man lata

10. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

ha dang id love to go but my truck or my friends are no where near done. were planning a trip to alto over our spring break. we might head out to spring again this friday feb 4th if ur interested.

11. muddyblzr

muddyblzr 1/2 ton status

cancel that found some tires in a junkyard for my friends toyota and were putting new vacuum lines in.