Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about TCI 2.5" Lift

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Stickseler, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

Question about TCI 2.5\" Lift

I put my lift on back in March and had a slight vibe that got beter when I droped the tranfer case. But it has gotten worse now. Its a 2.5" all spring with a zero rate in back. Now I'm begining to wonder If I put the springs on backwards. The u-bolts lean forward at the top which to me says the push the pinion down in front. Everythig is snug and tight.
    Does the longer side of the spring goto the front or the back??

About the truck its an 89 with a SYE and a CV shaft. I also droped the x-fer case which helped but the vibes coming back now.

2. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

Re: Question about TCI 2.5\" Lift

The long side? are we talking rear spring? What truck is this? a 52" spring, stock or lifted, is drilled almost center. A 56" spring is still drilled 26 from front. If you put that spring in backwards, the axel would be way out of place! It seems weird that a 2.5" lift with a z-rate would give ANY kind of vibration. and you dropped the t-case? and a CV rear shaft? I have had several trucks, 2", 3", 4" lifts NEVER had anykind of vibe because of lift. usually dont have problems till 6", then lowering the t-case will reduce that. What kind of angle in the pinion/driveshaft at? as in what kind of working angle is it at?

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Re: Question about TCI 2.5\" Lift

Sounds like time to inspect the CV for wear, they can get loose and cause a pretty big rattle. Otherwise, look at your pinion angle and make sure the pinion is looking right at the driveshaft. If that's all fine, start looking at ujoints and other rotating parts like wheel bearings or maybe even the T-case.