Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question about tires fitting on my rig

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by GM-Moxie87, Sep 30, 2006.

1. GM-Moxie87

GM-Moxie87 Newbie

my 87 GMC v1500 half ton has stock suspenion. i would like to know if i can fit 33 inch tires (33x10.50 or 33x12.50) on my stock truck without trimming my fenders and wheel wells or serious rubbing?

Tom

2. yoshisv

yoshisv 1/2 ton status

The 10.50's should fit with no problems. the 12.50's should fit, But will rub a little.

3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Lots of variables to contribute to what will fit/not fit, which is why you can get so many different answers.

As mentioned, the 10.5's *with stock wheels* (key point) will likely fit and not rub at ANY point with stock suspension, on-road or off. That's been the normal experience with the 10.5's, and mine as well.

You can almost guarantee 12.5's to rub even on-road, tight turns going over bumps, etc. Much more likely than the 10.5's for sure.

If you check with local tire stores, see if any will mount them up for you with a "return" guarantee, that if they rub, you can return them. I was able to do that with my local Discount Tire. BFG AT or MT is all that I could find in the 33x10.5 size that was suitable for mostly on-pavement driving.