Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question after installing new body mounts and lift

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cj7jeep81, Sep 9, 2004.

1. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

I finally finished installing my new poly body mounts and 1" body lift on my 78 K10. Now, the rear of the cab sits higher (by a little over an inch) than the front of the cab. Is this normal? I'm not sure how it sat before hand (never checked), but considering the rear body mounts were replaced with a two by four, I doubt it would be accurate anyway.

2. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

No, it is not normal, the cab body lines should match up with the bed. I have run into this before sometimes when swapping bodies, I had to find some shorter body mounts for the rear and then it lined up pefectly. I don't know what the difference is, maybe the crossmembers are different heights through the years? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    No, it is not normal, the cab body lines should match up with the bed. I have run into this before sometimes when swapping bodies, I had to find some shorter body mounts for the rear and then it lined up pefectly. I don't know what the difference is, maybe the crossmembers are different heights through the years? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even have the bed installed yet. This difference is from the back of the cab to the front of the cab.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Did you get the correct bushings of increasing height for a '70s application?

The correct bushings for a 73-80 frame are real short for the fronts, taller in the middle, and the two rear ones are very tall, about 3".

If you got 81-87 bushings that might be why the body does not sit correctly.

5. cj7jeep81

cj7jeep81 1/2 ton status

It looks like the right bushings. They step up like you described.