Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for 1 FN HI K5?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 72Blazerod, Aug 30, 2001.

1. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status

In another post you mentioned that you put a 1990 Blazer gas tank into you '72. I was wondering what you had to do to get it in? Was it a brutal swap? I have a really leaky gas tank and I would like to go fuel injection. I was thinking of killing two birds with one stone. Any info you could provide would be appreciated.

Rod

In Canada we use K5s instead of dog sleds now!

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

I'll be doing the swap this weekend. I got a tank from an 84, the 90 tank size should be the same(28x28x12in). I'll take pics of the mods as i go along.

any tips before i get started are welcome

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

3. 1 FN HI K5

1 FN HI K5 1/2 ton status

The swap was pretty simple I used a piece of 2 inch channel cut to fit inside the frame rails driver to passenger side in the inside of the rear crossmember.
    And i used 2 inch angle iron in the front because i want to put 6 shocks across the top of the rear axle.This bolted right to the inside were the bump stop is located you can still use the bump stop or not. This made my tank sit level. Set the tank in then get it centered where it all fits drill your holes for the tank strapes.I had to use my old strapes because the 90's were to long. I Also cut an old radiator hose in half to put between the tank and strapes to make it more snug. I used the stock fuel lines from the tank out put a wix's inline filter and bought the stock fuel lines from the throttle body to the tank from the chevy dealer off a 1990 pickup. This way every thing is stock and parts are easy to get.
    hope this helps 1 FN HI K5
    <P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by 1 FN HI K5 on 08/31/01 07:24 PM.</FONT></P>

4. 72Blazerod

72Blazerod 1/2 ton status