Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question for any officers of the law or lawyers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by leadvillek5, Dec 13, 2004.

1. leadvillek5

leadvillek5 Registered Member

got a ticket tonight. i was speeding my bad and i except that. but found out that my lisence has been revoked.well just 3 weeks ago got a letter from colo state motor vehicle stating that i still need sr-22 for my dui of three years ago. so i called my insurance company 3 weeks ago to get an sr-22 added to my policy. they said that they will take care of it. well i think that they may have not done there job and now i'm without a valid dl and have a driving under revocation ticket on top of the speeding ticket. can i go after the insurance company for not doing there job? this all sucks cause my lisence is my job as a mechanic i have to have my cdl lisence. the officer told me that my insurance was not valid also. and i had just been down to the insurance office on friday morning to exclude a driver in the house on the policy. the lady at the insurance company said that the policy was still good and my wife was with me at the office as a witness. i think that the insurance company @#%^ed me really bad. anyone know what can be done about this without kicken some ass at the insurance office cause then i go to jail. but man am i pissed!!!!!

2. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

You've got bigger problems than losing your license. A DUI three years ago, and now a speeding ticket? When are you going to learn? And you say you have a wife? You had better step up and straighten out, or she will be gone.

Three weeks ago you should have gotten a copy of the SR-22 from your insurance company, attached it to the letter from the DMV and mailed it certified, return receipt to the State. Then there would be no question that it was done. The responsibility is yours.

I'd still do it now. Rehire the lawyer you had for your DUI. Looks like you'll need it.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Get a lawyer, NOW.

4. 77blazin

77blazin 1 of a kine K5

Who is this insurance company?, Verbally saying they will take care of it is just hearsay, you need proof that it is taking care of, but since you have a witness, you should take your paperwork straight to the insurance company and square it away with them.
    But if they want to fuss about it, then by all means you have the right to sue the company and the person that gave you the bull in the first place.
    Get all the paperwork from the insurance company and make sure you read it and understand it before you leave the place.
    You will need these documents when you go to court for no insurance and driving with a revoked license.
    And by the way, on the insurance card?, why did the Officer say that the card was invalid??
    Mike

5. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

You can sue anybody for anything. Whether you prevail or not is the only question. Go find one of those attorneys that advertise a free consultation and run it by them. If they don't bite, try another one or two. If all you hear is that they don't want the case, or will take it on an hourly rate, then you are probably SOL. If they tell you they will take it on a contingent basis, you may have a shot. Just off the top of my head however, I'd say you are probably out of luck.

6. leadvillek5

never had lawyer for the dui. and yes i stepped up to the plate i always have and always will. i aint no punk that blames things on other people or things. went to the insruance company today and yes they admitted that they f'ed up. got my sr-22 added for the 3weeks 11-29-04 which was the day that i called the insurance company prior to getting this ticket. they appauligized for dropping the ball. the manager looked at my insurance file and there was written record of me requesting a sr-22 be added to my policy on 11-29-04. the insurance company is all city insurance company on pecos and hwy 36 in denver colo. the policy is under mendota insurance. i'm going to call a lawyer in vail colo about the speeding ticket and driving under revocation. not sure why he had said that my insurance was invalid. cause the insurance card states that my policy is good until 3-31-05. i looked on the ticket and there is not a no insurance violation thank god. maybe he was talking about the day that colo drivers license revoked my drivers license.not sure guess i will find out at the court date.

7. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

First, just file your SR-22 with the DMV, and they will reinstate your license; that is "IF" this is actually the only problem you are currently having. Second, go to court with proof of your reinstated license, and the judge will 99% most likely plead the "Driving on Suspended License" down to a "Driving Without a License in Possession " charge, which is a minor misdemeanor.

8. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    1. Like others said get the SR-22 on paper and take it to the DMV, keep a copy for yourself. You are required to have the SR-22 with you when ever you are driving.

2. Go get your license re instated. You will have to pay a $60.00 re instatement fee and probably like $15.00 for the new license. But suck up the cost so that you can show a valid license.

3. The officer may have been going by the revocation for no SR-22 or the fact that you were revoked. There is no insurance policy that covers a driver that is under revocation. It is a violation of insurance commission rules.

4. *****Go to the District Attorney for the County that the ticket was issued in and see if you can show proof of the reinstatement and paperwork from insurance company and you may be able to get the revocation portion dropped. Now if you have already been served with notice that you were revoked it may extend the revocation for a year if you are convicted of Driving under Revocation.

Good luck.

9. leadvillek5

yup got it in writting they f'ed up. just need to talk the DA which i now pretty well cause i work on his personal vehicles. got my lisence back yesterday and i was very suprized that it only costed me 5 bucks. the last time was 3yrs ago and if i remeber it cost me 60 bucks pluc the lisence was 25 bucks. when the guy said that it would be 5 buck i asked no ?'s i just gave him the money. i'm pretty sure that the revocation will be dropped. as for the speeding ticket we will just have to see what happens at court.more than likely they will lower the points from 6 to 3or4 i hope.