Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for anyone in law enforcement

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Aug 23, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Okay, I know we have some people in here who work in law enforcement. Lets get your opinion on drug laws in this country. Please tell us what you think of the current laws, and what you think would improve things. Yes this is in responce to certin persons whinning about current laws. I'd like to get the views of members who work in law enforcement. /forums/images/icons/blush.gif

2. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Well...if this is about a certain person, involed in a certain plant it should be legal. It's a fawkin plant,why do people go to jail for it? /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

BTW it's 4:20! /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hear ya, I was just wanting to get opinions from people in law enforcement on thier views of the laws they must enforce. Find out what they think would work better.

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Let's wait and see.. /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Most drugs are derived from plants. So if yer going to jail for a drug, ultimatley your going to jail over a freakin plant.

The system has faults, not only in the drug laws. I have to work with what we've got so untill the laws change I will enforce the ones that are here.

I dont think that the punishment is strong enough for the big time offences. There needs to be some serious oh my god punishment for the large scale offenders. The kind of punishment that 9 out of 10 people dont want to risk happening to them if they get caught.

Depdog

6. MizBeyatch

MizBeyatch Registered Member

Exactly! Answer is, there is no one, simple answer. Just as there is no one miracle drug that can cure everything and make life simpler. There are MANY facets involved with this particular subject. Unfortunately, for those who want it changed & fortunately for others who do or don't want it changed, those facets have to be taken into consideration on a much broader scale before any changes are implemented. If we did not have a set of boundaries (laws) established, we would be a country run by chaos! Yes, some laws and procedures aren't going to PLEASE everyone, how is that possible? As the addage goes, you can't please everyone all of the time.

Personally, I could think of more detrimental and worth while issues to focus on, but this is America, to each his own (as long as his own doesn't infringe on other's own)! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

And, no I'm not a member of Law Enforcement, but I'm very close to someone who is and it is an everyday part of my life (in other words, I know it well). As I've posted before, opinions are like a**holes and we all have one (I hope), that's just mine. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

So you think the punishment should be harsher for the big time dealers. How about the consumer ??? The guy that smokes it ??? Whats your opinion on the laws in his case ??? How about the 18 y/o kid that gets cought with a 1/4 gram of meth and had a felony record now for the rest of his life.

8. Depdog

I think that would be a case by case issue. Thats what they pay judges for. Depends on what your past holds as to prior criminal activity.

Depdog

9. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    It's a fawkin plant,why do people go to jail for it?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, It's a fawkin small piece of metal, why should people go to jail cause it came from thier gun?

10. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Jenn - what political office are you running for? That speil sounded like it came
    straight from a campaign speech! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

Dep - why AREN'T you seeking political office!? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Are you two related? /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

11. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

my reply to that is there are plenty of plants that can kill you.Poison ivy isnt something you want to go walking around in??Hell there are plenty of plants that if cantact is made to an open wound it can be sickning or deadly.Not a very good arguement.

12. greywolf

greywolf 1/2 ton status

ok, its your kid that gets busted,your not gonna let him swing!your gonna talk to the D A,the judge or who ever you need to because your buddys.case by case my tale if the person is connected (financialy or political) you'll let him go.drugs are bad i know (pot,freon and acid)when i was
    15,16,17and 21 really screwed me up!!!
    DONT LEGALIZE DRUGS!!!!POT IS NOT A GATEWAY DRUG!FRIENDS AND STUPIDATY(?) ARE.....I KNOW I'LL BE THE BAD GUY ON THIS 0NE BUT FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS GREAT! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

13. Depdog

Nope, mine gets caught with drugs, he gets whats coming, from the Law and then when that's done from ME! Double Jeopardy to the max /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

As a matter of fact it's the exact opposite with me on rich or politically correct kids. I did not grow up with a silver spoon in my mouth and by god I won't be giving free rides to the rich kids. I hope mommy and daddy come to try and save their widdle snookums. Won't hurt my feelings to go to the local news media and expose them if they try and throw money around. We just locked up the State Court Soliciter for taking bribes on D.U.I. cases. He is in the big house now.

Parents are a LARGE part of how kids grow up. Problem is now a days there are very few parents, and lots of whiney finger pointing blamers...

Depdog

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I personally think the laws for possesion are too harsh. If it's obvious the amount you catch someone with is for personal usage, I think you should be able to just take it away, and let the person go with a ticket. Yes, I think when you catch the person with large amounts, of sevreal packages, that that person should be taken to jail with no chance of release till he/she goes to court. And if under age, be released to the parents if cought with small personal useage amount.

15. MizBeyatch

MizBeyatch Registered Member

Not running for anything /forums/images/icons/grin.gif Think I should? Just using a bit I learned in the "Critical Thinking" class from college. Prof said it would come in handy one day /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

To answer your latter question.......No we're not related, that would be kinda gross /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif Guess again /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Hang the bastards!!!! With the marijuana, you got the fawkers up in the hills growing it and laying booby traps so the hunters are always coming into contact with this crap. And now the ones who are watching the crop are starting to get ballsy and playing shoot 'em up with the cops. Now that's a pure case of keeping the public out of public lands.

You got the fawking crank cookers doing their cooks just whereever the **** they want, and there always seems to be kids around this crap. I'm sure you know, but I don't know if anyone else knows about some of the stuff that's used to cook meth, the stuff is toxic. Then these fawkers don't give a **** and dump the leftovers wherever and then the general public comes into contact with it, be it a ditch or creek or whatever.

Then the users of this stuff flip out and go haywire, breaking into cars, stealing cars and what not.

There's the women hooked on this crap pimpin their wares on the street so they can get their next hook up.

As far as I'm concerned, the places where this stuff comes from such as coke and heroin, I'm sure the govt. has some Agent Orange stored somewhere. Nuff said.

The argument for legalization, in my mind actually has some merit, but I don't think the benefits outweigh the risk. I have a real problem with some of these addicts on govt. programs getting their so called rehab medicine, only to brag about how they will go back to the street and get a hook up.

I find addicts unproductive members of society. I further think that addicts are a general nuisance and should be dealt with. I know of a current situation where one half is strung out on drugs, but unfortunately, the law is unable to do anything about it, and if it's handled old school, well it's the People's Republik of Kalifornia so the fixers would not be seen as lifting a burden from society.

As for the addicts who are able to break the habit and do good, more power to them and I look up to them. But the ones who do nothing to help themselves and prove to be nothing but problems, get the hell rid of them. If y'all don't want to hang them, load them up on C-5's and unload them in Beijing.

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Man, that's harsh. I agree, there is a major problem, but how do we fix it ??? I think there has got to be a way to solve the problem with out killing people or deporting US citizins. I did ask for opinions, so I should accept everyones views.

18. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Its an issue of common sense and intelligence...Joe Blow is a working guy who will poof a little weed on a Saturday nite after the kids are in bed. Kenny Inbred will be cooking crank in his kitchen on a Tuesday while his 5 infants crawl underfoot...just to avoid getting a real job. He'll be selling the crap to his beady-eyed friends whilst back-handing his skanky woman and clouding up the gene pool.