Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for anyone who has towed their blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 85blazerk5, Mar 14, 2005.

1. 85blazerk5

85blazerk5 Registered Member

Ok, Here's my dilema. I just recently separated from the military and moved back to WV. My blazer is in SC and the transmission is about shot and I can't drive it back. Anyone know the best way to get it back to WV? Uhaul says it's too big to tow on their equipment. Any other places to rent a trailer from? Thanks in advance.

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey dude how long can you leave it here in SC. I'm going back to WV prob in Aug. I was going to tow my trailer and pic up another 3/4ton truck. I'd be glad to haul it for a little gas money but like I said its gonna be later in the Summer before I go.

And in response to your question, everyone is going to tell you to not tell Uhaul that its a full size, but an s-10 blazer. Also make sure you get the big car hauler there are two one is a little bigger.

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

You could techically get away with hauling a k5 on a Uhaul trailer is it is somewhat stock. We hauled a 93 shortbed 4x4 Chevy pickup about 250 miles on one before with no problems...

4. 85blazerk5

I need to get it back here this month, I appreciate the offer and would love to take you up on it, but I gotta get it back here and get it running since it is my daily driver. If I tell Uhaul it is a s-10 blazer, will it fit on the trailer? It is all stock. Thanks again for the offer.

5. clarkjw24

I've never done it but I've seen alot of these post. They say that a stock K5 will fit on the dual axle haulers. They say that there are two size haulers, one is a little bigger. Ones got hindged flip fenders. Do a search on the uhaul question. I'm pretty sure it was about a month ago that some details about the two different haulers was mentioned.

6. MTMike

MTMike 1/2 ton status

try some equipment rental places

Before we bought our 18 footer we rented a 7x16 carhauler from an equipment rental place for $110 for the weekend. Drove it almost 900 miles round trip (450 loaded) w/ my big K10 on it. It was a tight fit but it worked

Now we have the 18 footer and it works great.

-Mike

7. clarkjw24

8. big_black_blazer

big_black_blazer 1/2 ton status

i have never towed my blazer, but for what it's worth, i've put a fullsize pickup (1954 chevy) on the big u-haul dolly and had room to spare.:k5:

9. 85blazerk5

Looks like it's gonna be way more hassle than what it's worth. I don't have any place to even park it here in WV, so I may just sell it. I don't know how much I will get for it since the tranny needs rebuilt and it has no front driveshaft, but everything else is great, brand new soft top and brand new 32 11.50 BF Mud Terrains, I might give it a shot though, tired of messin with it.

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

i used a tow bar once. pulled a fullsize truck with a full size blazer. the only prob we had was a hub cooked on each truck:surepal: , what are the chances??? anyway it worked .

11. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

The towbar is a thought! Rene (tRustyk5) towed back a 74 K5 from TX to Surrey, BC with a towbar.