Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for anyone who purchased Toybox Sliders

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Derf00, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I ordered a set of Rocksliders from Toybox the week before Christmas and received them as promised on the Friday before Christmas. When the UPS driver showed up I knew I was in trouble because what was left of the hardware fell out of the box as he unloaded it. Nuts and bolts are no big deal, but one of the cross braces was missing.

My question is this: I received three cross braces and they are all identical, aren't the back braces supposed to have the holes at 90 degree to each other? One end mounts to the bottom of the frame and the other to the slider. I can't talk to Toybox until next week and am having to deal with the shipper of the sliders for the freight claim since Toybox did not ship them.

Derf00
    1990 K5 Jimmy 350 Edelbrock Performer TBI, 6in BDS Lift, Dana 60, 4.56, Corp 14B Detriot, 16x10 AE 589's, 37x12.5 SSR

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Fred,

I assume that you are talking about the 4 braces of thick wall tubing, not the angle iron mounts that are on the sliders, right? I actually didn't use the 4 braces when I put mine on. I welded the angle iron mounts to the body and body supports and used a bolt to secure the sliders should the welds ever break. I was going to put the braces on from the angle iron to the frame, but I think there might be too much stress on them if I do - I am afraid that the body flexes so much away from the frame, that these braces would be too rigid - and something would have to give. But when I lined up the braces to get an idea, they looked fine to me. I think they are designed to mount flat against the angle iron and flat against the side of the frame support (not the actual c-channel frame itself, but the support piece coming off of it)

Sorry if this is confusing...and if you still don't get it, just send a PM to blazen91 (Mike) - he is the guy who invented this design, he should be able to help you out...

I am going wheeling this weekend, so I plan on testing them out, will see how well they hold up without those braces. I can tell you that they are rock solid without them, I already tried the Hi-Lift jack on them and also have jumped up and down on them - they don't move at all!!

3. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I understand what you have said. According to the instructions, which include color pics, the rear cross brace bolts to the angle iron on the slider, which is verticle, and to the bottom of the frame, which is horizontal, so the brace for the rear should have the holes at 90 deg to each other. I was just wondering if anyone else experienced this problem. It is probably just caused by someone not paying attention to what they packed. The sliders are very stout and came powder coated, I can't wait to get them installed.

Derf00
    1990 K5 Jimmy 350 Edelbrock Performer TBI, 6in BDS Lift, Dana 60, 4.56, Corp 14B Detriot, 16x10 AE 589's, 37x12.5 SSR

4. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, that is interesting, mine were different. I got mine directly from Mike, so maybe he changed them just a bit...mine were also raw, not painted or anything. I didn't get any fancy color instructions either! ha,ha Well, as soon as you figure it out you will like them, they are strong! My suggestion is to PM Mike and see what he says...(blazen91)

5. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I just got mine too. the box was a little torn up but I havent opened it yet. Guess I'll do that tomorow and let you know what I have. send a PM to moose he works at toybox he PM'ed me when mine were gona ship.

I'm not late im on Central Standard Time

6. coopertwpk

coopertwpk 1/2 ton status

actually the supports bolt to the same area as the angle iron just at at a 45' angle up to support it from folding back.

88k5 silverado w4"lift <font color=orange>d44 and corp14ff</font color=orange> with 4.11

7. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

I can't answer your question as i have the original proto types on my 79 and i reworked the mounts and added a 4th bar to mine. But i can say i turtled myself good when all us Az CK5'rs went and ran Raw Deal...the held up great and they didn't hurt the body at all....eventually i got off the waterfall by snatch blocking my 10K winch....lol. Got some pics somewhere...

Azblazer

1979 K5 350 TBI
    1976 K5 Chalet
    If it ain't got arizona pinstriping.....you ain't wheelin the pee outa her!

8. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Fred,
    If you are still tring to figure it out, let me know.
    I can take some pictures of how they mounted on my truck if you need. Shawn has a good write up on offroad.com
    Here, check it out <a target="_blank" href=http://www.off-road.com/chevy/reviews/sullibuilt/>http://www.off-road.com/chevy/reviews/sullibuilt/</a>
    Dave

[​IMG]<font color=red>[/b]"Rid'in HigH in my K5"[​IMG]
    ....[​IMG]<font color=blue>[/b]"8" Lift -<font color=purple>38.5's"[​IMG]....

9. blazen91

blazen91 1/2 ton status

If all you are missing is one of the 1" tubes that are about 13" to 14" long, let me know. I have a few extras laying around. I will also call Moose(Damon) at home and let him know about your post.

<font color=red>....But I thought that sound was normal....!</font color=red>

10. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help. I did e-mail Damon and explained the problem. Since Damon did not ship the sliders I have to deal with the shipper according to UPS. When I talk to Damon next week maybe he can answer the questions I have about the braces.

Derf00