Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for anyone who works at an AutoZone.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Beast388, Apr 9, 2003.

1. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

I am looking for an address so that I can send a letter /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif to AutoZone Corp HQ about my latest shopping experience. I have checked their website and the only contact info listed(unless I missed something) was a telephone number.

So, can any of you AutoZone employees help me out? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Thanks!!

2. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

The mailing address is:

AutoZone Inc.
    P.O. Box 2198
    Memphis, TN 38101

Or you could try to email them. Since Steve Odland is the CEO you may want to try to send an email to sodland@autozone.com and see what happens. You could also try Lisa Kranc since she is the SVP for Marketing. I would guess lkranc@autozone.com.

Bruce Clark is the CIO (Chief Information Officer) so if it had something to do with the website, he would want to know. Again, I would guess bclark@autozone.com.

Was it bad? Was it good?

WE WANT DETAILS!!!

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

auto zone- the place where the oh so bright guy behind the counter spent almost 1/2 an hour looking for the correct SPARK PLUGS for a Chevy 6.6......and this was even AFTER he said..."thats the new Duramax right?"........damn that was one of the funniest things I've ever done!

ahahhahahhahahahha some people....

Brandy

4. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the info Dan, I guess if I would have searched Google, I could have found most of that. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

The experience was less than satisfactory. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I will post a copy of the e-mail after I write/send it.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    correct SPARK PLUGS for a Chevy 6.6

[/ QUOTE ]

If he hadn't made the Duramax comment, I suppose giving you plugs for a 400 CID Chevy small block when basically that's what you asked for wouldn't be totally bad idea when you didn't mention the gear.

Remember, that idiot behind the counter is used to dealing with customers stupid enough to come in looking for spark plugs for their new Diesel pickup.

6. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

that idiot behind the computer was told a 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 6.6......

That idiot behind the computer couldnt figure out what a bleeder valve was....when I said "can you grab a book and look" his face was completely dumbfounded.....when I said a book- you know, the thing you READ.....it was even worse...

If your going to work in a parts store, at least be half way smart enough to know some sh*t about vehicles...KNOW what a book is......know what the 3 shelves FULL of them in front of you- UNDER THAT COMPUTER are for.....At least be half way concerned with trying to get the part the customer wants.....

Autozone SUCKS in my book, and I'll NEVER go back to ANY of them....3x's 2 different auto zones- NEVER again....If they can hire some people who actually know what a "headlight " is....(yes some of then are that stupid!)......it would be different, but when 95% of the employees- at the ones we have locally have less knowledge of truck/car parts than my 5 year old- I'm sorry- somethings wrong.

7. JeremyK5

JeremyK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Well, I'm pretty lucky. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The Autozone closest to me has a good manager, he won't hire an idiot. Every employee there can find me a part that they regularly carry, and they don't get confused when I ask for parts for 3 or 4 different trucks. There are a couple of guys there that can find anything you could need, or tell you exactly where to go to get it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Autozone doesn't suck, it's the crappy management that hires someone who knows nothing and then doesn't train them that sucks. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I've dealt with that type of store before, and I won't give them a second chance.

And I agree with you- [ QUOTE ]
    but when 95% of the employees- at the ones we have locally have less knowledge of truck/car parts than my 5 year old- I'm sorry- somethings wrong.

[/ QUOTE ] something is wrong with all the Autozones near you.