Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for Bubba, or any other boy in blue for that matter

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by baldamish, Jan 13, 2006.

1. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

I'm sure you guys get tired of the "my "friend" got arrested for......do i have a case against.......did you ever shoot sombody" questions. But i have a legitimate question. I've been in the military now for 11 years, and I'm watching all of the uniforms evolving....but in the civilian sector, police still work in the extremely uncomfortable looking polyester blend nut huggers:eek1: . Why is it that civilian police agencies haven't moved to a more "free" or more comfortable uniform like the bdu pants the military has. I see EMT's have gone to bdu pants, but the police are still in those tight, uncumfy lookin britches. I was kinda thinking so as not appear to "military"...but I was curious if you had some insight to my question? Just wondering.

2. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

little known fact,

the police like things close to their nuts

:dunno:

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

there is a police officer in our local department that wears military style pants. He is the DOT officer for that agency so he has to crawl around under trucks all the time.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Pretty much. It all depends on the powers that be in that department.

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

And since I'm feeling like such a non-PC asshole for this evening's festivities; I'll shall expand on this.

People for the most part are timid piles of monkey crap. They have some sort of inferiority complex that makes their womanhood bleed like a stuck pig when another person who appears to have some ability to control other people mentally and if that person is wearing a uniform, then that bleeding increases. Add in some verbal utilization from this command type person, then by God you better call Kotex and get a truckload on the scene quick.

Now the BDU style uniform has been around for about forty some years and since it originated in the military, that's the mental association it's going to have. I never knew that a set of clothes could be some blood thirsty warriors looking to bring doom and gloom upon souls, much less put those clothes on a person and the ensuing carnage will make a Viking battle look like a game of Seven-Up.

Now you take the cops. Cops are civilian type people who are in a position of authority, i.e. they need to have some sort of a military bearing to do the job. In short, they need to be able to take charge of anything thrown at them fast. That type of bearing tends to offend folks cause of the previously mentioned bleeding womanhood complex. You throw in some clothes that people associate with the military, you'd think that Satan had just kicked in the door looking for his payment.

Now with that being said, I wouldn't mind being able to wear a BDU type pant on the job, and maybe a BDU type tuck-in shirt. It would be better to go tromping off into some weeds with that stuff on, but I absolutely have no problem wearing the old fashioned standard that I do. Personally, I think it gives off a better impression than the BDU. Hell, I don't have a problem getting out in the mud and dirt and weeds with what I wear now. There's been nights I've come in looking like I've been mudding. There are times that I would like to have the pocket capacity of BDU's, but for me, it's not that big of a deal. The only part of my uniform that I pay for is the duty rig and boots, I don't have a problem trashing up what the department gives me.

I just have a problem with people that bleed out of control and feel the need to let everyone know they are a psychological pussy.......................:D :D :D

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

But strangely enough they want no one near their dough nuts...Hmmmm:D

7. baldamish

baldamish 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, guess I got more than what I expected....lol it's okay, I'll voice some of my opinions as well. That's kinda what i suspected Bubba, with the current sue happy, feelings hurt to easily, let freedom ring (as long as I don't have to know how it is that the bell gets rung) society we live in, The current "support our troops" band wagon let's those same "bleeding womanhood" (or BW from here on) types feel good about themselves by putting a yellow ribbon magnet on thier shiny SUV..."I support those less fortunate then me". If it wasn't for the fact that an NCO of 11 years in the military's pay is low enough to be considered "below the poverty level", I would still be on active duty, but since i'm not a big fan of living paycheck to paycheck, I ets'd and joined up with the reserves so I could make a decent enough living in a civilian job to support a family and maybe even a hobby. Now, if those same BW's would go to congress and say "those people willing to stand up for my rights (military) and safety (police, ems, and firefighters) should really be making enough money to support thier own families and live comfortably" those disgusting magnets would actually mean something.
    These BW's want thier happy little world, but they don't want to consider that there are people with the intestinal fortitude willing to ensure that thier little world is protected, and then those same people ask nothing in return, just to live in thier own happy world.
    I don't remember the exact frasing, but there was a reference to the special forces that basically said "the special forces soldier is forgotten or ignored, because people don't want to aknowledge or admit that there are soldiers that dangerous and knowledgeable in the art of war that do the ugly and dirty things that need to be done in war". It rings true to me with your profession. There are things in our society that need to be done. BW's don't want to admit it, they want to visualize the police as Andy from Mayberry. Helping get cats out of trees, maybe putting that darned scamp that tends to drink to much in the city jail for the evening. That's not realisitic in our current society, there are dangerous people doing dangerous things that wish you, and anyone else willing to uphold the law, ill or even death and are willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that they can continue doing whatever it is they damned well please.
    So this is where we come to my point. I was just thinking "if i had to chase down people, fight with people, wrestle with people i would want clothes that don't hinder my movment". But by wearing clothing that may present or even remind somebody of a military uniform that may offend somebody's sensitive nature, or possibly remind them that there are people out there that do things that they don't want to aknowledge (or are a bit to scared or timid to do). So, I suppose we are on the same sheet of music....it just looks to military.
    sorry.....you got me going on this bubba!!

8. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

To me, the police are as close to soldiers as you get without actually being one. They ought to be allowed to wear similar clothing, and use similar weapons and tactics. Criminals ought to have the baddest MF'rs on Earth hunting them down, and treating them like the dogs they are. This PC BS has gone far enough.

John

9. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yeah but packing a machine gun and wearing jack boots may make some people a little uncomfortable when being stopped for a traffic infraction. Why it was just a few months ago that lil old lady Throgmorton felt she needed to open fire on those damned trick or treaters... And frankly i don't blame her, comfortable costumes are scarier than polyester...:D

10. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

Valid point.

John

11. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Your on a jelly roll tonight!

12. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

We have BDU style uniforms at my dept, and you can wear witch ever floats your boat. The LT wears BDU's all the time, an ever now an then i'll wear'em. They are ALOT more comfterble, but i think the class "A" just looks better. But the nights that I KNOW with out a doubt i'm gonna be stoppin cars like a 20 year old playmate with no bloomers on, I'll wear the BDU's.