Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question for chewers and smokers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dysphemism, Nov 19, 2003.

1. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

I've been chewing a bit lately, I must say it is kinda cool. For those that are addicted to chewing or smoking, how did you know that you were addicted? I'm not addicted now but I was just curious if you knew when you had become addicted, or did you just try to stop one day and couldn't?

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've been chewing a bit lately, I must say it is kinda cool. For those that are addicted to chewing or smoking, how did you know that you were addicted? I'm not addicted now but I was just curious if you knew when you had become addicted, or did you just try to stop one day and couldn't?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not addicted. I just do it cause it helps (along with the caffeine) prevent me from putting one of my highly shined, all leather Hi-Tech boots up some fawktard's ass cause they were too stupid to abide by the rules of civilized society........................

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

You know that you're addicted when you can't stop thinking about it when you don't have any handy.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm with BRB on this, been a few times at work where I really wanted to beat someone with a phonebook but I took a pinch of cope and calmed the hell down.

5. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm with BRB on this, been a few times at work where I really wanted to beat someone with a phonebook but I took a pinch of cope and calmed the hell down.

[/ QUOTE ]

The question is, if you didn't do Cope in the first place would have wanted to beat the guy down in the first place? /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

you know when your gums are rotting out of your head like mine are, and I haven't chewed in 6 years... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

seeing as I am a person with a really short temper very much so. I didn't chew when I started at my job and felt the sameway. I haven't had a pinch in probably a month. Once in a while I think it would be nice and could use it to calm down and I grab a can and open it and catch a nose full of it and am about to puke. Some reason the smell of smokeless makes me sick to my stomach. Probably has something to do with that night of drinking where I busted a pouch and swalled the contents, that sucked. I can't stomach Jack Daniels or the smell of dip since then.

8. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    You know that you're addicted when you can't stop thinking about it when you don't have any handy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep!!! You also know you're addicted when you ALWAYS check your pockets to make sure your snuff is there before you leave the house or the office.

And you know you're REALLY addicted when you start to panic when you can't find your tin where you thought you left it.

And you know you're REALLY, REALLY addicted when you start to run around the house like a crazy lunatic yelling at the top of your lungs "KIM, HAVE YOU SEEN MY CHEW!!!??? WHERE THE HELL DID IT GO!!!???" and then collapse in a corner whimpering like a beaten dog........

At least that's what my buddy told me once. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    seeing as I am a person with a really short temper very much so. I didn't chew when I started at my job and felt the sameway.

[/ QUOTE ]I hear ya. I've have a short temper with people who act like they're better then myself or others. But that's really about it, I can put up with alot of sh_t, but not those mofo's that gotta be better then everyone else. I really hate the spelling and grammer jackasses !!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Although I have noticed that your grammar has improved lately thus eliminating the need for "some people" to chastise you for posting gibberish....... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

11. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

the problem I find most with people is everything is ALWAYS your fault cause I guess the customer is always right. We don't have pay at the pump, but everyone always comes in and says they have used the pay at the pump here before, wow really cause we have never had it in 28 years we have been open. Or what is wrong with your pump? nothing sir its the operator.

12. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've been chewing a bit lately, I must say it is kinda cool.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Pull Your head out! No it's not cool! I chewed for 23 years and finaly quit last June, the best thing I did in a long time. Like some of the others have said you know your addicted when you make sure you have it first thing in the morning. Or if your down to your last couple dollars you buy chew insted of food. I used to get a good chill up my spine with the first dip of the day, that how I knew I was addicted.

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I knew I was addicted when I first started getting up in the morning and looking for my smokes before heading for the bathroom. Looking back now I'd say it didn;t take more than a month or two of regular smoking to get hooked pretty good. That was 21 years ago and I'm still a slave to my smokes... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Rene

14. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I really hate the spelling and grammer jackasses !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

15. badassblazer03

badassblazer03 Registered Member

Why would you wanna start doing something as digusting as chewing tabbaco knowing full well of all the risks to your health it has. I would stop now and I garuntee you won't regret it.

16. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    how did you know that you were addicted?

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to quit for a week. I'd be willing to bet that after a day or so you will convice yourself that you really aren't addicted so it's OK to start again.

Nicotine is slightly physically addicting. You get jumpy and nervous whne you don't get your "fix". The biggest problem is the psycological "need" to have more.

[ QUOTE ]
    I must say it is kinda cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, cool.

My friend Daren just got his new dentures a few months ago. After chewing for a number of years his teeth rotted and they found cancer in his gums. Now he keeps his teeth in a jar and prays that they find all the cancer so he doesn't leave his 2 boys without a father.

He is 38 years old.

Yup, really cool.

17. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

[ QUOTE ]
    I've been chewing a bit lately, I must say it is kinda cool

[/ QUOTE ]

Not nearly as cool as lip cancer and black gums.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I've been chewing a bit lately, I must say it is kinda cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, just a sec...I'm not totally following your train of thought here. Could you please explain why it's "cool?"

/forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

19. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

Ok, I'm sorry your friend got cancer. I can easily quit for a week. As it is now I chew maybe once a week, just when me and my friend are bored. It's "cool" because since we don't do it very often, it gives us a serious buzz. It's not something I plan on doing for much longer, I was just curious what it was like so I tried it one day. We have had the same can of chew between the both of us for longer than a month, and it's still over half full. I realize how stupid a thing it is to do though, don't worry about that.

20. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wait, just a sec...I'm not totally following your train of thought here. Could you please explain why it's "cool?"

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing "cool" about ruining your health. I will admit that I have been doing that to myself for a heck of a lot of years and the longer you put off stopping the harder it is. Best thing is to NOT START! Then you won't know what you are missing...

Nuf said...