Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for Dieselpage Members

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Robert79K5, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

I am giving serious consideration to joining up at the dieselpage for the useful information that I might gleam from it to help facilitate my 6.2 diesel swap project, but when I was visiting there it seemed like all of the articles have been focusing on the duramax and it looks like they are archiveing their older articles so that you have to order them. My question is if there is still good articles and info on 6.2/6.5 diesels or would I be joining up to get a bunch of duramax info and have to order the older 6.2/6.5 stuff?

2. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

You may want to consider joining up here. There are a couple of members that are quite knowledgeable on the 6.2/6.5 and a few have done a similar retrofit. Pay up and post in the diesel forum any questions you have.

As far as advice, I would look for a cheap diesel truck to have all of the pieces needed to to the swap.

3. Robert79K5

I alredy have the doner truck and I have scanned through every post in the diesel forum on this site. I know there is a lot of knowledge here and I will be joining in the near future....
    What I am interested in is actual articles such as engine assembly and maintenence tricks that apply specifically to the 6.2/6.5 engines... Real articles like I believe are available on the dieselpage but want to make sure before I pay them money just to access their bulliten board and find out that the majority of their articles are duramax stuff.

4. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I WAS a member of the diesel page. I joined up looking for 6.5 info. The forums on the site are full of good info but to get the articles you will have to spend the 20-30 on the paper back articles. I ended up buying the two 6.5 books and it cost around $60 for both I believe, I didn't rejoin after that /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

5. Robert79K5

eeek Thats what I was afraid of...