Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for DIY4x....or those who have pics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big94gmc, Apr 30, 2006.

1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Cyber, do you have any installed/'on a vehicle' pics of your rear triangulated shock mounts (part numbers 00233k and 00233l)?? Does anyone? I'd like to see.

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

This is "Sarge" the shop truck. Only pics I could find that really showed it. There are more in his "Some pics from today" thread but you can't really see anything besides him shoving his front fenders a foot backwards after crashing into the cars we destroyed.

[​IMG]

3. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

:bow: Sweetness. Anymore? I'm looking to see 'how' and 'placement' it all goes on, both in the frame rails, on the axle tubes, and top and bottom of shocks.... Got some detail like that, plz?

Mikey, do you work with Kert?

4. mikey_d05

I don't have any more. Check out the website for pics of the actual kit. The lower mounts just weld onto the bottom half of the back of the axle tube and the uppers bolt to the frame rails, then you bolt the middle piece in with the flanges and mount up your shocks. This is all what I've gathered from the pics and talking with Kert though, I've never put one in so it's not 100%.

I wish I worked with Kert. I'm a customer that's only about 2 hours away from his shop and I'll have a ton of his parts on my next build as well as lots of custom stuff.

5. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

Is this his "inboarding kit"? What's the advantage of doing this? (other than it looks cool as hell :D )...It may be something I'd be interested in doing.

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Thanks for posting up Mikey!

[​IMG]

Here's a shot of the frame rail mount and another of the cross member piece.

[​IMG]

7. cybrfire

OH, excuse the brakeline messed. That has been corrected.

The lower shock mounts are a weld on piece for now and can be seen on the website. We'll have a bolt on release soon.

Advantages of this is being able to run much longer shocks without poking them through the floor. Disadavantages are the more you tip the shock the less the shock will actually do what it is intended to do. It's a trade off. On the truck pictured, I'm using a shock that has 15" of travel on 4" of lift and am quite happy with its off and on road manners.

8. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Thanks, Kert, that is exactly what I am wanting to see. Can you also show me the tube mounts installed on the 14b, with the shocks? Will this setup work in a one ton frame, or only 1/2 and 3/4 ton frames? Thanks again.

Mikey, I did see the setup in his online catolog, but it's just laying on the floor - I want to see it installed, to get my visuals.

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I have lots of pics for the write up that I am doing. It is taking a little while between work, family and the truck. If you need any specific pics I can post them.

10. mikey_d05

Yeah, I know, I just figured that between the first pic and that one you could get a good image. Kert came through with some good pics though. Aren't you running a 1/4 elliptical rear setup? If you've got any info on the springs you used and how well it travels I'd love to hear about it. PM me if needbe to avoid hijacking your own thread.

Also, Kert, when I get my tube work finished and my suspension all set would you care to take a look and if you approve have me run a massive DIY4x logo on the hood or side panels?

11. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

1 ton frames are the same so yes. its the actual spring mounts that are narrower.

12. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

13. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

coughkissa$$cough

sorry mikey I needed to get my smarta$$ comment in for the day

14. mikey_d05

I thought you said you were going to stay away from my posts in tech? :mad: :haha:

I wish I could go land a sponsoship but #1. I don't do comps and #2. the only rig I've built is a hacked up K5 so previous history isn't working in my favor. Besides, I can send him a .dxf file with patterns I need cut from plate and he'll do it accurately cheaper than I can buy all the cutoff wheels I'd burn up. :haha:

[/hijack]

15. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

I'd put a big one on my k5 which will be a dd when i finish (this summer b52's and shackle flip with triangular shock). maybe we can get special discounts :D :p:

16. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

The frames on the one tons are thicker walled, and taller C-channel'ed. I know they're not the same as the 1/2 and 3/4 tons, that's why I'm asking the question.

Kert? Any insight?

17. cybrfire

I don't see any reason they wouldn't work on a one ton frame. For location on the 1/2 and 3/4 ton the mount uses the rear rivet of the bump stop. That being said they are mounted off the lower side of the frame and the vertical. So, should actually be more room to work when mounting. I don't think there is a huge difference in the frames in that area though. If memory serves they aren't much taller there. It is possible that they will be tighter going in due to the material thickness of the frames and the outside to outside being the same, some space between is lost. Should still be OK though.