Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question for guys with race seats

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by xnoahx, Sep 30, 2003.

1. xnoahx

xnoahx 1/2 ton status

How comfortable are these things? Im thinking about picking up a set from summit with the padded covers but I dont want to be kicking myself later because everyday is a literal pain in the ass. The main reason I want them is because I want to get 4 or 5 point harnesses for myself and any passenger I may have, I dont think the lap belts are good enough anymore

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I sure wouldn't go for those plastic pieces of crap. Do yourself and your body a favor and spend the money on a real race seat.

I've been in three, two Mastercrafts in Desert trucks and one PRP (Mr. Watson's rig) and I liked the PRP the best. That was because it was a extra wide. From my experience, get one that doesn't make you spend five minutes getting a fata** (my problem) squeezed in before you can hook up the straps.

3. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

Iv'e got the Kirkey intermediate drag seat with a 5 point harness in mine. It seems to be comfortable enough for the 1/2 hour drives that I take. It could use a little more padding on the back though. I like it but it is not a daily driver.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

I had the plastic ones in the back of my truck, facing backwards, for about 2 years. They're not too bad for quick runs, I mainly used them to give people e-ticket rides up and down the dunes at Pismo and at the drive-in where I would back in and sit in one. My fat ass had a hard time sitting in them, but if you're not too big and don't demand a super-comfy seat then you might be OK. My brother ended up stealing my seats and put them in his sandrail, they worked well in there and were OK even for me for less than 1 hour at a stretch.

5. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

im a bean pole. 6'3'' and 170lbs. i have a budy with the summit seats and the padded cushins. i like them and am getting a set for my blazer. the only thing i will do is add some medium density foam in the as$ portion and add some lumbar support with the same stuff. thats just because i have no as$ and i have a bad back.
    Grant