Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for Kayline Soft Top owners

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BIGJ, Sep 2, 2001.

1. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

I just picked up a used snap-style Kayline top. It's missing the two bow supports that go in-between the first bow and the back of the cab. Can somebody tell me how long these things are? Or, what is the distance from the front bow to the back of the cab with the top installed? I figure I will just make my own supports (they look like straight rod in the instructions), cause I can't wait till next week to get this thing on, and getting parts from specailty top will take a few weeks. Thanks in advance.

BIGJ

2. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

Jeff, I just sent you a message to your email address. The exact measurement for these supports is 2 feet. Let me know if you have any other questions. I have photos and measurements of all the components.

"Constipated people don't give a crap!"

3. Hayduke

Hayduke 1/2 ton status

my posts measured the same, 2 feet, a 1/2" piece of fiberglass rod would work fine, but i'd say start with a piece that is longer than you think, mark and drill the holes in the cab and they can just slide in and rest in the rear of the hole.
    good luck! i love my kayline!
    peace.
    HAYDUKE

Insured By COLT, Policy #.357M

<a target="_blank" href=http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com>http://haydukesk5.coloradok5.com</a>

4. BIGJ

BIGJ 1/2 ton status Author

Thanks guys for the info. It's been a big help. I'm going to make the supports today.

BIGJ

5. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

Keep an eye on the poles, they tend to fall out when running with the windows rolled up.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd