Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for my dodge d60 brothers (and sisters)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sapper, Sep 21, 2004.

1. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have my 60 under the truck and it looks cool but I'm having problems with the brakes. This might sound strange but i have 3/4 ten bolts rotors on it. It came that way, I took it to a really good shop and asked, he said they were and to run them agian. When i put the new rotors to the hubs the studs seated real easy, i didnt think to much of it but yesterday when putting on the calipers i noticed that a small wiggle had got in there??? No idea what to do with that, really dont want to pull the whole thing off agian, any suggestions, also how in the hell do you get the clip to go into the caliper?? I bought a new hardware set, it came with the retaining thingy that the bolts to the caliper but how does the clip get in there??? TIA

2. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

come on /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

If the rotors are wigging they're either the wrong ones or the wheel studs were not seated correctly. Honestly in my opinion, having done many of these, you MUST turn the rotors after pressing them together to ensure that runout is within spec.

The hardware piece fits in like a key. You put the caliper on, put the spring piece on top of the, "key" and slide it in between the caliper and the bracket. Tap it in with a hammer and the little allen screw simply holds it from coming out.

Brake systems on all three brands of Dana 60s are pretty similar from what I understand, should all have, "Bendix" style brakes.