Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for PDX/NW Blazer owners...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by schwank, Nov 25, 2002.

1. schwank

schwank Registered Member

Hey I live in Portland and I really need to get some tie rod ends and wheel bearings done...

Don't have the time or tools to deal with it now... can anyone reccommend a good Blazer friendly shop in Portland that would do some good work for me?

Thanks for your reccommendations...

schwank

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Depends on which part your located in. In SW I'd say Nhan's. Its kind of a hole in the wall but the guy does good work for cheap. If you do go there say Baxter's sent you down.

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

J&H on 70th ish and Powell is reputed to be a great and fair place. mudhog has had some work done there, as has a couple of guys from Oregon Bushhackers (www.oregonbushhackers.org - come join up). As Zack said, depends on what side of town you're in.............let us know and if you're east side I have a couple of other places. Welcome by the way..........PNW rocks! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. schwank

I am currently up in St. John's but should be over to the eastside shortly. So anywhere over there is fine with me

Don't really care where the place is, if I get the best quality.

By the way, all white blazers rule /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I have a 91 TBI.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

PM 79flatbed, Cassidy lives up by St. Johns and knows the area real well. Great guy too.

Ever been to Nicola's Pizza? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

ya i have had gears installed from j&h and they did do great work at a fair price for me /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. schwank

You guys rock... CK5'ers are the real deal. Sounds like I should give J&H a call.. they sound mighty convenient too, as my girl lives off 70 tween Powell and Holgate anyway.

Have to drop in to some local gatherings after the holidays... thanks a ton!! Now I just gotta try and get some pix of the beast.

8. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

Yeah go with J&H they are cool guys and have fair prices and good workmenship. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

9. schwank

Gonna take it in to them on Monday...

But after talking with them... Does a 91 K5 have wheel bearings? He mentioned it might be Independent Front Suspension, and that those have a different assembly...

Either way, something squeaks like mad... I just want to know for myself.

10. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

No, a 91K5 is NOT IFS.............you have the last year of the straight axle. He must be thinking of the trucks............they are IFS. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11. schwank

Didn't sound(or look) right to me, but I just let it slide as it was a phone call anyway. A buddy of mine has a 94 Full Size Blazer sport, and its so different than mine it's not funny.

Just like to triple check with the experts, though. Thanks.