Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for Steve Chin?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Motoronbrain, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Motoronbrain

Motoronbrain Registered Member

I remember a while back that you put a sway bar off a newer chevy in the front of your blazer. I have a 79 3/4 ton 4x4 for parts and noticed it had a sway bar. It has a 10 bolt and I am keeping my 44. Will it still work? I havent mesured so I thought I would be lazy and ask. Thanks a bunch.

2. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

Mot,

I also did the same adaptation on my blazer. It should work, make sure you get the 1 1/4 in swaybar to make it worthwile. You will need the caps for the leaf springs, not sure what you call them, it's where the swaybar ends bolt up.

as for the brackets for the frame you can go Steve's way(fab your own) or use the ones off of the 79. I had to switch them around when i bolted them up(right side to left side and vise-versa). I have pics, email me if you want to take a look.

Sway bar made a hell of a difference. You may not notice it much if your suspension is stiff enough. You'll notice it more on a stock setup.

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

3. Motoronbrain

Thanks arq!

I have a new 4 inch rough country spring lift and a 3 inch body lift with 35s. I thought the sway bar would help in towing my 24 foot trailer. What do you think? I would love to see your set up.

Thanks again,
    Montty

4. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

do you have an email where i can send you pics???

ARQ.

1-72 4x4 CST Blazer
    2-71 4x4 CST Blazer

5. Motoronbrain

6. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I know that the 73- Blazers need to use swaybar disconects (like ORD makes) to make the sway bar work with a lifted truck. This should be the same for ours.

'71 Blazer CST with alot of rust