Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for the 1 ton axle guys

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 78Jimmyish, Oct 17, 2001.

1. 78Jimmyish

78Jimmyish 1/2 ton status

For you guys with 1 ton drivetrains and axles under a 1/2 ton Blazer/Jimmy, when you go to inspect it, do you inspect as a 1/2 ton or a 1 ton? Just curious because here in Rhode Island, if your GVW is above 8000lbs or so, you don't have to pass the emissions testing, just the safety inspection.

2. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Hey man, Rhode Island, huh? Cool! I went to High School in Burrillville ... moved to TX in '93.

When I get my Blazer inspected, I don't tell them anything. If I were you though, I would tell them it's a 1-Ton if it will allow you to bypass the emission testing.

So where in RI are you?

Thomas.

-- '84 1-Ton Blazer --
    When the goin' gets tough,
    the tough go 1-Ton [​IMG]

3. 78Jimmyish

Yeah, I was just curious if any one had tried the same thing somewhere with similar standards.

I'm in Newport, by the way. Born and raised. Nice little strip of land, the beaches are wonderful, but unless yer into riding curbs at Wal-Mart, it doesn't have much in the way of places to wheel... I just got back from a camping trip out to Pennsylvania - my wife and I took our 4 month old son out to Centralia and camped for a week - now that was cool sh!t. I like that area over there, thinking about relocating anyway, either to the hills of PA or the mountains of NH.

4. Smitty

Smitty 1/2 ton status

When they run the VIN it will come up as a 1/2 ton. I'm not too sure if they care what type of running gear is under it since they usually just use the VIN.

Smitty

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Smitty is right. They will go by the VIN, not the drive train. There is no way you can change the VIN or title to make it a 1 ton. [​IMG]

<font color=red>I'm a "black top mudder"!!!</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/thatK30guy>The K30 Collection</a>

6. 78Jimmyish

Hrmph. Figures. Oh well, I've only got another year before I don't have to pass emissions anyway..

7. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

I am in Pa just so you know. I am only about 45 minutes from where you were camping.[​IMG] It goes by the Vin but if you buy a 1 ton truck to do the conversion you can get creative.[​IMG]

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>