Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question for the day....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 72k5chicago, Jul 7, 2005.

1. 72k5chicago

72k5chicago Registered Member

Here it is friends of k5s everywhere; I have a '72 K5 that I'm slowly prepping for new paint. It has the typical 33 year old issues, door cancer, windsheild frame cancer, some floorboard cancer, but otherwise is in great running order. I also have a beater '72 c10 super cheyyene. How many of you guys out there think it would be ok to butcher the running cheyenne just to save the blazer? I could use the doors, windshield frame, floor metal, and just about anything else i needed, but i cant seem to pull the trigger.

2. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I know the feeling.....

I had a hard time junking my 74 K20 after owning it 15 years--but it was rotted to death and had a hard life plowing..I did take a lot of things out of it before I scrapped it,like the motor and T-case and lots of other stuff..despite its many problems,I still wanted to fix and keep it--but it was a lost cause.. :(

I would not want to take ANY 67-72 GM truck apart if its useable and not too rotted!..there isn't many of them left!...but if its all rotted and worn out,thats a different story..in that case I'd fix the least rusty of the 2,and use the most rotted one for the parts..I'd never chop up a truck thats not too rusty to fix a rotbox though...if your pickup is in better shape,I'd fix that and use the K5 for parts.. :crazy:

3. Geargrinder

Geargrinder 1/2 ton status

I would have to say that U would be doing your'e self a favor by doing it in the long run. The K5 will be worht a lot more if it's done right, and if U really miss the truck alot U can allwase find another. Not so eazy with the K5.

just my $.02