Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for the folks not filling out their Profiles

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BurbinOR, Mar 29, 2000.

1. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Guys/Gals, just a question about the Profiles. Why are there so many not filled out at all? Big Burb asked this question on another index, thought I would bring it here. Lots of us are interested in knowing more about other K5 addicts, just want to know if its paranoia or something! Let us know, inquiring minds want to know.

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

2. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Hey,
    I'm with you! I may not have my life story but I have some info listed. Come on guys, fill out at least your some of the profile

Thanks
    Michael
    84TPI

3. jmpd

jmpd 1/2 ton status

Little typo action,

Fill out some info about yourself or your truck ETC.

Thanks
    Michael

4. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

They must be scared of the web or something. The informtion isn't anything to be scared of. It's to help each of us from asking stupped questions as people asking questions and not giving enough info in the post. Take the two min. to fill it out and be counted as a k-5 enthusiast! Thanks!!

C'moe

<font color=black>the blazer is "Back in Black"

5. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

Got to be careful...Big Brother is watching....hehehehehe

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral

6. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

mine is filled out just updated my new webiste.

7. 87K54WD

87K54WD 1/2 ton status

How do you get "stranger" off the "title?"

8. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

It has tto do with how many posts you put up. I think 50 makes you a newbie. Obviously I have no life.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>harder, faster, longer, stronger</font color=blue>

9. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

after you hit 25 post, you get newbie position
    Boss

10. DangerB

DangerB 1/2 ton status

If someone doesnt have they're profile filled out, dont answer they're posts. That should solve it if everybody does it. Ive had my office email and cell # on there for over a month and nothing weird has happened.

DangerBrett[​IMG]
    <font color=blue>harder, faster, longer, stronger</font color=blue>

11. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

I'm with you DangerB. I don't have a problem with sharing my info. I'm not about to give you all a peek at my credit card #'s, but I can't see how giving out some info about me can hurt. The community of this board is what it's all about. BTW: Not a bad idea on not answering posts for those who don't have their profile filled out, but man...I can't even keep up with just reading all the posts! This board is truly an addiction!!!!!

Is there a patch for this like when you try to quit smoking or something? (Filled with bondo or something!) [​IMG] [​IMG]

Also BTW: So what do you guys think of my pic on the left? [​IMG]

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com

12. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Absolutely love it! Homer is a definite hero.........love the Simpsons.! Where did ya get it?

'79 - 406 w/IROC TPI - K5#5 - a <font color=orange>sickness[​IMG] <font color=blue>you never get enough of!! [​IMG]

13. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

14. 6.2 man

6.2 man 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I filled mine out last weekend . Someone in Oregon has a top for sale and I am interested . When someone found out I lived close to them they couldn't find out how close I was by viewing my profile . I filled it out and haven't heard anymore on it . I guess with all the stories about people getting info on a person and using it . It's too bad we have to so protective about our info .

15. **b**

**b** 1/2 ton status

Iam with Danger...
    posts will be ignored ...

16. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

I fail to see the problem with folks no filling it out.
    SO WHAT.... is everyone such a busy body they have to know everything about you? Is it fair to ridicule those who care not to share personal information? And just who the hell do you folks think you are to impose sanctions on those who do not wish to share the info? I personally believe this to be a public forum...
    Those that would impose sanction, what is next...how much money you make? What color are you? Why do folks screw up nice places like this? You have a place where you can share information about a mutual hobby and now unless you provide your name phone number and rate of horsepower, members are going to refuse to talk with you. I think it is a bunch of bull....
    and if that is the way this is going to be run...you can delete my name now and just return the check for the stickers.

17. OLDSTEEL

OLDSTEEL 1/2 ton status

YUT YUT Eagle!

74 K5

Leave it like you found it, or better!

18. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

I look at it like networking. If you look at someones profile to see where they are from or what their name is and what they do, maybe they can go wheelin with ya (if same geographical location) or you can be more personal by talking on the chat room by name or even ask them a question relating to their daytime job that could help you out. To me it's common curtousy. Why not fill out your name (at least your first name) and the state you are in and your job. I don't think anybody is asking for exact specifics. Would be nice for an e-mail address too. I have been coming to this site for several months and met lots of good folk through this site, even got some good info. and never had any problems with anyone. Isn't everybody here tied together with the same obsession? Personally I filled out all options on the profile. That's just me and not everyone will want to fill all that out, it's a free country. We all have different ways of looking at things. My choice would be that if you can't let me know your first name and your e-mail address I probably won't answer your post. If you put your state it helps with answering posts. If your in Nebraska I'll know you probably go mudding and not rock crawlin like I do and we all know rigs are set up for the area you live in. This is just one K5er's opinion, but we are all entitled to our own, right?

David 75K5

[​IMG]http://www.renschler.org/~goldrush

19. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

And if you will look I also filled it out, but I do not think ANYONE should be chastised just because they do not feel like sharing information about themselves.
    We as adults should be more giving, more helpful, believe in kindness and charity without boundries being set up.
    I think it is pretty damn sad when you hear...well lets not talk to them just because they won't fill out the profile. Filling it out is personal choice...it is not a prerequsite. Freedom of choice...the privacy act...the Bill of rights. Things I fought for, and believe in.

20. cocky

cocky Registered Member

I'm with you on this one Eagle. I haven't fought for those rights yet but damn sure would in a heartbeat. I think it is somebodies personal choice to fill out their profile or not. If you need to know more about a person, ask them. Just my 2 cents

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked