Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for the IT/Computer type folks.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rebelk5frk, Jun 10, 2004.

1. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Any of you guys Cisco Certified? I've been working on several certifications lately and I am just about ready to take the CCNA test. Just looking for ideas/suggestions to look out for. As we said in the military, I want to be a "first time GO" and not fail.

The CCNA is the first of 5 Cisco tests I've got to take for work within the next couple of months. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

2. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I've done cisco work before, but the CCNA exam is pretty rough in my opinion. The concepts are exactly the same from any good TCP book, (especially if one is based strongly on BSD), The OSI layers and routings are the same to deal with with any system.

The problem is of course cisco. Practice makes perfect, and I just dont have enough practice.

3. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Well luckily, I worked with cisco routers a LOT when I was in the military so the CCNA studying hasn't been too rough.

I'm just stressing because as long as I pass the tests, my boss will pay the $125 fee but if I fail, I'm stuck paying and I don't care to lose that much cash. but.....I guess I'll find out tuesday or wednesday if I'm actually ready or not. That's when I'm going to take the CCNA test. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif