Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for the LEOs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigjbear, Nov 11, 2005.

1. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

So I was out breaking the law a couple of months ago and got caught. Nothing huge I was driving my Yukon with my Bontiville's plates on it.

Quick backround; I bought a smashed '95 Yukon, with a blown up 10B rear, from my dad about a year ago and trailerd it to my house. It sat for a long time, eventually I had time to fix it. After I got it running I insured it and drove it a little, but I still needed to fix a few more things to get it to pass emmsions.

Now I'm driving along one day and the blue lights come on behind me. I found a good wide spot, pulled way over so he doesn't have to walk out into the street, and got ready to do my best yes sir/no sir. He asks about the plate, and I give him the whole story (there's more than the above), minus the emmisions part. He takes my info back to the crusier and does his thing. When he comes back he tells me he has plenty of reason to give a ticket, in a scolding way, and goes back to his car. So I sit there waiting for my ticket. Eventually he says, over the loud speaker, your free to go.

All that to get to my question. When your out driving do you run plates everytime you get behind someone? Or do you look for a certain vechical type and run thoses? Or if you don't, do the guys you work with do it? I was just shocked that he pulled me over. I wasn't mad about, it just supprised. What I am really wondering is if this a Cobb county thing. I've had trouble in Cobb county before (alot of people have, it's kind of notorius), once I got pulled over because one taillight was brighter than the other, once for swerving to miss a board in the road, ect (yes there's more) but it was always in the Blazer, usually after getting off work on second shift, so I knew I was being profiled and didn't worry about it. Tell the truth LEOs.

2. big jimmy 91

big jimmy 91 1/2 ton status

I have a friend that's a retired leo.
    According to him , around here once they get out of the rookie phase they mostly seem to fall into a certain pattern
    Some do moving violations , some stickers and plates etc.
    But then again , I am in Canada , it may differ

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Only when they are blonde and have big boobs because I AM THE LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:saweet: :saweet: :saweet:

I have approximately 7,987,387 reasons why I will run a plate and none of them include some bull**** reason like the driver is cute. No one is immune from it cause the least, little thing may trigger me keying up that handy little radio. I ain't giving out secrets, but I can assure you that it's always for a lawful purpose.................................................. :D

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Years ago I was out late at night and I failed to signal, I got pulled over. The officer was a cute chick. She asked me if I knew why she pulled me over. I replied "Because you're bored and wanted someone too talk to." She thought it was funny and I dated her a couple times.