Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for the LEO's

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jarheadk5, Jul 1, 2006.

1. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Let's say you've got someone pulled over for [insert minor violation here]. As you make your way up to the driver's window, I assume you're looking through the back window and any side windows to get a visual on anything that might induce a high pucker-factor...

Now, if you see a large assortment of PBA, FOP, and other police-support-organization stickers on the window(s), or an Armed Forces sticker from any branch, does this in any way change the way you handle things? Does it make you more likely to give a warning, rather than a citation? Or does it make you think "Ahh, what we've got here is an assclown that thinks his PBA sticker from 1994 is gonna get him a pass on 60 in a 40..."?

I ask because on my way back to work after dinner tonight, I passed a guy with probably 20 different PBA and FOP stickers on the back and drivers-side-rear windows of his car. I can't help but wonder if he thinks this'll get him off for something...

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

When ever I see a car with all those stickers I just assume they have no license, insurance and most likely have warrants out for them.

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

A sticker does not a good citizen make. Most cops ignore the stickers and find out who is behind the wheel. You can pick up those types of stickers anywhere. The attitude and behavior of the driver is the final arbiter in most cases. However, any military person usually gets points right off the bat unless the attitude overrides their profession....

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Real coppers dont put stickers on their cars... they dont want to draw any attention to themselves

dirtbags do... and old people who get scammed by "Sheriff's Associations" with stickers that are bogus

I normally let active duty miltary go... like rat said... unless they were really a jerk... just be polite and tell the copper your doing service to the country.. show your miltary id AND your drivers license.. let him take it from there

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Active duty gets a break from me too................................

As for the stickers, 9 times out of 10, they are on a car that should be investigated further.............................

6. Desert Rat

True, only surpassed by the "**** Authority" and anarchists bumper stickers....

7. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

That's what I figured.

I think the same way - if someone feels the need to pimp the local FOP/PBA to that degree, they're probably trying to cover for, or get away with, something.

Another one I like seeing is the 6" diameter FOP shield with the huge clear plastic bracket that has 3 suction cups to hold it in the window... as if this wasn't enough...
    [​IMG]

8. Desert Rat

Might as well put a big sign in the window that reads "In the mood to key someone's car? Pick this one...."

9. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

in california you get out of a ticket by having this(plus the sticker to put on your license), only takes a 1800 donation to the chp retirement fund or whatever the 11-99 fund is:

of course i dont have one since the k5 doesnt go fast enough to warrant "needing" one, only ticket ive got is being too close to a chp in a traffic break when someone else pissed him off and he pulled us both over.

[​IMG]

10. Desert Rat

11. thfonz98

thfonz98 1/2 ton status

i guess the only way to have 100% chance to get away without a ticket is to work where they(CHP and local sheriffs) eat at about everyday. Got me out of a few tickets(exhibition of speed a couple times)! :D

but now im up in the sf bay area... I never see ANY CHPs on the highways.

yes this was a major hijack

12. Desert Rat

Yep, most cops are picky about where they eat and aren't fond of the "secret sauce" so they scrutinize the folks that work there and if they trust you, then you are probably treated well......

13. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

I must admit that I've gotten out of a couple of tickets by showing my ID. It wasn't intentional, I happened to be in rentals when I was pulled over. When they asked why it was a rental I would show them my military ID and their attitudes changed drasitcally towards me. They went from beings huge jerks to being pretty cool towards me. :D

Oh yeah, one ticket was for running a red light in Las Vegas in a U-Haul truck, which didn't turn red until I was crossing the far crosswalk and the other for speeding through Kansas on I-70. Which, by the way, my dad was driving. :D

Rick