Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for the welded 14FF guys!?!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Did you notice a lot more axle hop when you welded it? I have been out in the snow today and she hops like crazy. Maybe its just a function of being fully locked, cause it never did it with my Trutrac or open.
    Anyways, plans are drawn for the anti wrap bar! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

2. y5mgisi

y5mgisi 1 ton status

I didnt notice anymore axelhop on mine. But it would make sence for it to have more I think, with both tires grabin all the time. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I have a fair amount of axle hop with my welded rear, but I also don't have any rear shocks right now. The worst hop i have is on the street when cornering. I have found that if I air my MTR's up to 40 psi it helps alot by reducing the contact patch with the ground and I corner much better now then with my siped BFG MT's or my BFG AT's.

Harley

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

I ran a welded for a year and a detroit for the last six months. Both had a little more hop than when I was open. I don't notice a difference between the two offroad though. I think the hop is a side effect of traction gained.

5. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Ya, thats what I figured... it has to be related. I have just never had so much wheelhop before and it kinda caught me by suprise. The anti wrap bar will be going on in the spring before mud season anyways! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Thanks guys.
    BTW Matt, I am going to be modelling a set of rear corner guards after yours I think.. they look pretty good and seem to work great too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Another by product of my trip: Lots of new plans hehe.

Mike

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I don't have any axlewrap w/ my welded rear... and I am running the really soft 57's.