Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for those with a Big Block and TH350 tranny......

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Zeus33rd, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Just swapped in my 402 this weekend. Pretty easy for the most part. My question is, How did you mount the kick down cable bracket? I can't mount it to the intake manifold the same as it was on the SB manifold.....Just using a stock cast iron BB manifold. Is this gonna turn out to be a custom thing or is there a bracket out there somewhere that will work? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

My 454 has a bracket for it. You might need to scour the junkyards, or even call a dealer for it. I can't see that they'd be that much even from the dealer.

3. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

There are brackets that mount to the back of the carb, I just seen some at the Napa here in town.

4. Zeus33rd

Hmm....So the bracket does exsist...I'll have to check out Napa then. And the dealer. Thanks guys. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. 85HeartBurb

85HeartBurb 1/2 ton status

i bought my k5 allready had a 454 but my braket goes to the driver side rear of the carb.

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I looked at my bracket on my 454 and my 350. They appear to be the same. I'll double check on it. If it turns out that I have an extra one, I can send it to you.

7. Zeus33rd

That would be cool.....I'll cross my fingers hopin you have an extra! /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I looked at it last night. They appear to be slightly different, but not in a functional way. Just to double check, I'll pull it off the small block, bolt it to the 454, and check to make sure everything is cool. If it is, I'll send it out. I don't need 2 of 'em laying around! Also, I'll check to see if a buddy of mine has one off of his old 454. That way I am sure to get the right one. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif If one or the other works, I'll let you know and you can PM me with a mailing address. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. Zeus33rd

Right on dude! Thanks for checkin into it.. That would be cool as hell. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Thats what I love about this place....People don't even snort about helpin somone out that they've never met. Pretty frickin cool.