Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question for those working in law enforcement

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Oct 20, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Just wondering what attracted you to that line of work ??? No dissrespect intended, but I don't think I'd want a job where I could get shot at, have to take someone to jail, and write tickets (Knowing some people can't aford it). I'd feel like a prick having to do that stuff. Sorry, but that line of work just doesn't sound appealing to me.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Fast cars and fast women and fast donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People in this country have rights and as citizens, we should respect and have courtesy for the rights of other people, but criminals don't and they take the easy way out by stealing, raping and just acting the clown and someone has to go out there in all kinds of weather and times and make sure that these people can't conduct their business. That's why I want to a be a cop.

3. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Amen brotha!
    I'v been toying with the idea for quite a while now(since I was 10) With the state of affairs these days and knowing the area very well, I think now is the time!
    Show me the money!!
    Plus women love a guy in uniform! And if they don't.................Ill arrest 'em! /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

Fast cars and fast women and fast donuts

[/ QUOTE ] I hear ya on the donuts, but around here the police cars arn't that fast, and the women I see the local cops dating scare me (like a herd of stampeeding buffalo, YIKES) !!! LOL. Not saying it's like that everywhere, but up here it sure is.

5. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

well i was a cop for years and don't think i look that bad! geez i only weigh 100 lbs. and i married a cop so what are you saying! that i should be butt ugly and fat! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    the great thing about being a police officer is you get to try and make the world a safer place for people and especially for children. if there weren't cops out there everyday risking there lives the carnage the united states would be in would be frightening. these guys and gals go out everyday risking there lives for crappy pay/crappy hours and no respect so you can sleep safely at night. think about that next time you are going to bed, better hope a cop is on duty that night and not saying screw it i don't need this job cause it sucks, because if something happens who is going to help you.
    kelly

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

well i was a cop for years and don't think i look that bad! geez i only weigh 100 lbs. and i married a cop so what are you saying! that i should be butt ugly and fat!

[/ QUOTE ] Now I didn't say that, LOL. I said most of the cops around here are dating scary lookin women. I've seen some women cop that look damn good. And I've seen some women dating cops that look good, but not around where I'm living now.

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'm trying to get into it for car chases! Not really, but I've always thought it would be cool to do the P.I.T. maneuver on someone. I'm just tired of seeing people get away with so much around my area and I want to do something about it.

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I hear ya. Some of it does sound fun, but other parts of the job are things I wouldn't want to do. Chases do sound fun, but I wouldn't want to take anyone to jail. I've been arrested befor, and the thought of having to do that to someone just isn't me. I can't explain how bad it is to be locked in a cage, so I couldn't do that to someone. I do think I would enjoy trying to figure out who did what, that would be kewl, but I don't think I'd like to have to go into a court room and look at someone knowing that they're about to get sent to prison. I do have respect for most cops. I know it can be a hard job, but I also have alot of disrespect for those cops that let the job go to thier heads, you know the ones that get the real shitty attudes and act like thier better then everyone else.

9. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I love reading these "because I want to clean up my community/bust the bad guys/save the world" comments justifying becoming a cop. Do you guys know any cops? Do you talk to them about their jobs?

I have a couple of cop friends, and after hearing them talk about the reality their jobs I find it hard to believe they still wear blue. Their biggest complaint is that they spend untold hours investigating a crime, interviewing witnesses, tracking down suspects, and compiling a case only to have the bad guys get piss-ante sentences and then return to the street. Another problem they deal with is that they can't press charges unless witnesses are willing to testify, and a lot of the time the common folk is so scared of the criminals that they refuse to take the stand against them.

One cop I know was just like you guys - "I can make a difference.....I wanna help clean up the streets and put the bad guys away!!!". He said it took him only a couple of years to realize that in the grand scheme of things the day to day stuff he deals with is a joke. As we speak he's in the process of becoming a detective so he has a chance to actually do some good. According to him, street level cops are basically babysitters of stupid people....

Just so you guys know, I'm not trying to start a fight here. I'm just offering another point of view from someone who's been there.

10. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

One of my best friends is a county deputy. We go out to the shooting range together. Listoning to him talk about his job is what got me to start this tread. He said he became a cop becouse he was a MP in the Navy. He said being a deputy is nothing like being a MP, and if he had it all to do over again that he probley wouldn't be a cop.

11. NEOMASTINO2U

hey canmore,
    me and my husband are ex police officers, i agree with you, cops are treated like crap most of the time, they have to go into all kinds of situations and hope a witness will stay a witness, there is a reason why we aren't cops anymore, the politics and the pay and the feeling of you aren't saving the world so to speak isn't worth putting your life on the line anymore. but so we could stay with still busting the bad guys so to speak we became bounty hunters and it is really nice not having to wait to get a warrant to go into a house when you know the suspect is there. we aren't the t.v. type bounty hunters that everyone see's that has given us a bad name, we like to do things nicely but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way. the best thing about it is the pay is better and you still get to put the cuffs on some scumbag that needs to be back in jail and not on the streets. plus we don't have the politics to deal with. unfortunatly i am now a retired bounty hunter to sick to do it anymore, but hubby is out every night looking for the bad guys and now our son is learning how to be one and be one responsibly. but most cops now treat us like crap if we ask for them to come stand by just in case things go bad especially if we are picking up a known nut case thats violent, the cops tell us to bad if you get shot, they don't understand that we used to be them but decided we could do better in the world and help them in a way now cops don't have to just do warrant arrest only and forget doing anything else, thats why we are here to free them up so they can keep our streets safe. but then some cops who know who we are and have worked with us as officers help us all the time cause there bored!LOL! its always nice when they ask if we can kick a door down without a warrant and we say we don't need one and the cops follow us in and they can come in because we asked them to help back us up and then they bust someone else in the house for drugs!LOL! like i said there are some that like the idea that if they help us we can get them in without that little peice of paper that says warrant!
    nicely put canmore.
    kelly

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Now being a bounty hunter would be really cool. I've got a friend back in Omaha, Ne that does that. He's also a private dective. I've gone with him a few times. It's not like the TV bullsh!t. Pudge is a big boy and most people don't want to argue with him.

13. ChevyHuny

ChevyHuny 1/2 ton status

but hubby is out every night looking for the bad guys

[/ QUOTE ]

Kelly those bad guys would have to be really stupid to run from Ron. He could go bear hunting with a stick. lol

14. NEOMASTINO2U

i was just going to pm you!LOL! ya ron is a big big guy and most don't think about doing anything, but he is a big teddy bear but they don't know that!LOL! most of the time his bounty hunting is boring and non eventful, he also has his private detective license but has more fun bounty hunting, the big bonds are nice and quiet people to pick up, its the small tiny bonds that are insane, they run hide fight back you name it they get crazy its wierd.that and women are the worse to pick up they freak out on you its unbeliveable how they fight like crazy!LOL! but he likes it he has no rules which makes it easier for him to pick up wanted people then the police.
    kelly

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Why are you trying to ruin my "idealistic crusade" (quick, what movie?) ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    My parents really don't want me to do it (Bubba Ray Sr. is a lawman) and they don't really understand why, but to me, my previous post is my reason why I want to do it and besides, I need some new writing material.

16. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

This may sound strange but I have a question about bounty hunters. What crime justifies no rights to the "accused" criminal? Just curious. Not looking for a fight. I believe that criminal shouldn't have any rights, once proven guilty. Do bounty hunters go after escaped convicts, or people who breaks probation? I will hold my opinion of bounty hunters until after I know how they work.

17. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

87BlazerLady...the thing that lets bounty hunters do what they do, is when the defendant signs the bail-bond. He or she signs away their rights when accepting the terms of the bond. There's a rule somewhere from like the 1800's that still is in effect today that allows this. It's probably one of the few rules that's not been screwed with by the government. I think a lot of society's problems can be attributed to government's messing with the original intent of the Constitution. Most of the Patriots who signed those documents thought a revolution every 10 or 20 years was a necessity to keep government from being subverted and bought out by the special interests. They figured the document they signed was 10 to 30 years....tops.

18. 87Blazerlady

87Blazerlady 1/2 ton status

Well, I'm skeptical when it comes to the government, so if they haven't screwed with it, then I have to ask, WHY are they leaving it alone? They must feel it can be to THEIR advantage somehow. I don't know politics and don't usually get into discussions but there are certain things that people should pay attention to. Hope they don't take away our right to bear arms. That is a whole different subject. sorry.......................But thanks for helping me understand better about bounty hunters.

19. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My understanding is a bounty hunter go's after those people who have bonded out of jail, and failed to show up for court. The only bounty hunter I personally know, works for a bail bond company. Another name for what he does is a "Skip Chaser" I don't know if that is what the bounty hunters who are CK5 members do, but that's what the ones down in Council Bluff's, Ia. do.

20. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

87'....it's just one of those weird things like anything else. They still have a place in Nevada called the Helium reserve ....whose only purpose is to make sure we have enough helium for our WWII zeppelin fleet! True fact...look it up.