Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question of the hour...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confedneck, Jun 8, 2003.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

How many people does it take to unload a 14b ff and a 8lug 10 bolt with 36s on the 10 bolt?

TWO... and a skateboard...

2. bigblock44k5

bigblock44k5 1/2 ton status

just takes a driver, a length of rope and a tree......

3. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

i unloaded a d60 and a 14bolt out of a van by myself. I used a hoist on the d60. I managed to wrestle the 14ff out of the vans side door some how with no damage to myself and a small broken door piece on the rental van.

4. Confedneck

we used a front end loader to get them onto the trailer... thems some heavy mofos...

5. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

It took three of us to put a loaded rear ten bolt in the back of my truck and four of us to put a loaded (well, minus one caliper but everything else was there) front ten bolt into the back of my truck. I unloaded both by myself and ended up dropping and dragging the front ten bolt to its final destination once I got it out of the truck. I seemed alright at the time (that rear ten bolt was a toothpick after lifting the heavy end of the front 10 bolt). The next morning I pretty much just fell out of bed I was so sore.

I don't know what they weigh but that front ten bolt was a killer. It doesn't seem so heavy now that I've got the calipers, rotors, and hubs off but all I've done is lift one end at a time to get it on a stand.

6. Confedneck

well, there was two of us taking them off, we took off the 14bff first...by hand...got it onto the ground.. put the wheels and tires back on, 38.5s" and rolled it over.. then put a skateboard under the heavy side of the front 10b, and pushed it off dragging the other tire which was broken from the bead...fun fun fun!! im gonna pay for it tomorrow...and it aint even my truck...

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, unloaded a D60 front by myself once. why did it take 2 of ya? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, unloaded a D60 front by myself once. why did it take 2 of ya? /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]
    Let me answer that question for yall... the why did it take two thing.... i also unloaded my D60 by myself out of a 76 blazer with 5 inches of lift. my back was the second and third person i should have had, and the driveway has a ncie dent in it... and my back hurt a lot.. and the chari it landed on almost taking my foot off no longer exists...

it was fun though.
    Grant

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

mi only 140lbs and i can manage a sm465 and 14 bolt fF axles and dana 60 axles and pickup beds and cabs, but i been doing this for some years now, i figure out tricks and stuff :d yes i have hurt my back in bad way before, once you have then its always messed up /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif even if you ar eonly in your 20s still, .