Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question on buying a 77 jimmy

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fred79, Aug 14, 2002.

1. fred79

fred79 Registered Member

i'm looking into purchasing a 77 jimmy. i have taken a look at it and it has the 350 withthe full time transfer case and the auto probablly a th350. i saw it has the 12 bolt still, didn't get to the front though. it has rust hole at the edge of the door and edge of tail gate. the rear window is broke and proped up and every inside panel of the truck is rusted but not rusted trough they are mostly very solid still. the under body doesn't look to bad as it was under coated from dealer, but still has rust, its engine has been run in 6 months and before that it was driven 2 mile every couple of weeks. the oil smells like gas and the tranny fluid is old but doesn't look to bad. the ol also isn't very diry its older but still clean. the women said it had a brake problem when she parked it she said that the brakes where out, the master had fluid in the front and very little in the back resovior but didn't see any leaks there is oil on the front of the engine looks like its fromthe intake manifold. it has a set of year old bfg mt's that have most of the tread left but they look old. from uder neath the bed doesn't look to bad almost looks galvanised the edges are rusting though. my problem is that htey want around 600 for this truck and i have a totla of about 1100 to get it on the road and inspected. I coudn't start the motor because the battery was dead and the owner didn't want to start it cause the oil was old, this is the origanal oil and the said that the fluid were changed regularly the engine has 115,000. miles on it and every thing on the truck is origanal other than the tires.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

i would tell them you need to here it run in order for you to buy it hell offer to give it a oil change just to be able to start it if it runs and they want$600 then offer them $400 for it and start from there just take a friend with you and have him hold your extra money and say you only have $400 or $450 and then ask your friend if you can borrow another $100 if they dont take the $400-450

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I agree. If they want $600, they will take less. Sounds like your in a primo position to buy a trail rig. Looks to me like its worth it.