Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question on Drive Flanges

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ncgamedog, Nov 22, 2005.

1. ncgamedog

ncgamedog 1/2 ton status

I just changed my wheeling worlds up a litttle. as much as i loved my little yota, it was time for a change. i sold my runner and bought a couple k5s. one is a ultra clean 78 w/ sm465/205 d44 12b. the other sports d60 w/ 35spline outers, flanges 4.56's and detroit w/ matching 14b out back. no other real d-train. of coarse they will combine. my question is this: what about drive flanges on the street? the big truck came w/ new 39" irocks and i have a set of H2's and 37" bfg at's that i will run on the street. the thing is i use my trucks to wheel hard and to get back and forth in the winter ( need 4x in the moutians) how hard on the front hubs, bearings, ect is this to do? i was used to my good strong toy hubs they never gave up evan w/ 38's 5.29's and dual tcases. i hear steer clear of warn premiums if you wheel slightly hard i dont want 350.oo hubs to be my weak link. plus you never know when the mood will strike me to just pull off on some trail on the side of the road and explore. i guess it would be like any other 4x w/ full time 4wheel? any way i'm just not sure so help please thanks - justin

2. 6.2puller

6.2puller 1/2 ton status

Is the front locked or will it be? If not no big deal just the front DS will always spin and might give vibes and you will loose a small amountof MPG but with the other mods you won't notice.

If it will be locked that will be an issue. I have flanges and warn premiums for my front. I run the flanges but mine is a trailer queen. With lockers and flanges you will have issues. I have never had a problem with Warn premiums. Run them on the jeep and burban and have run them on other rigs. Ony issues I ever had was not turning in sub zero temps. Some ATF in the caps has curred that issue.