Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question on k5 production?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bryguy00b, Jun 22, 2002.

1. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

k i know they stopped making the REAL k5's wih the body style and all in 91..but ive seen others that are "k5 blazers" that look like the yukons and stuff ya know..they dont have the romovable top and all..but the inside is designed and layed out the same way the k5's were, so did they still make them up to like 94 or so..just looked totally different with the same name?

Bryan-later

2. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

well- friend of mine has a 93 Yukon- ie, Jimmy, and it is not at all like my K5's inside. yeah, it has bucket seats in the front, and a bench in the back-but the entire dash is different, it has the dash the same as the pick ups and suburban's of that year. along with the tailgate/ lift glass no power window.
    according to kelly blue book.com it shows the Yukon, and full size blazer 2door models up to 1997. In 1998- it only lists the s-10 blazer, and 4door yukon's.

so thats when they stopped

Brandy

3. 91K5

91K5 1/2 ton status

They just kept using the K5 name for a couple years. The newer ones aren't really the same at all besides some of the drivetrain. Chevy has a tendency to keep using or reuse old well known designations for some reason.

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

ahh i c..so its 97..yea, well the TRUE blazers stopped in 91 though lol...

Bryan-later