Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question on Lincolin SP-175 Welders...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by fortcollinsram, Nov 15, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Well I have narrowed down my choice of welders to the Lincoln SP-175 welder...I found a pretty good deal locally at $540 for the SP-175T...AFAIK , the only differecne between the 175 and the 175 plus is that the plus has a continuous voltage conteol and the regual 175 has a "tap" voltage control with 5 settings..So should I forego the continuous voltage control and hop on the local deal for the regular 175 for $540...?

Chris

2. gtkustoms

gtkustoms 1/2 ton status

Chris
    the more adjustable the welder is the better off you will be. for all types of metal thick to thin.

it will give you more control of the heat range. and allow for fine tunning. to get that nice sizzling bacon sound.

3. gtkustoms

gtkustoms 1/2 ton status

If you want to try your hand at tig welding i will sell you my lincoln squarwave 175 bought new in july 2001 has about 6 hours of weld time on it.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Thaks, but no thanks travis...I used to use a TIG at my old work place..the make some AWESOME welds but I like the ease of use of the MIG, it is a lot more forgiving with an erroneous user at the trigger...