Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question on ord zero rates

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Confederate9, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

i want to move my front axle forward... and i have 2 questions
    i have a 4inch lift w. 35s and i want to move it forward so it doesnt hit the back fender lips,
    question 1: wmoving it forward w/ the ord zerorates..will it then start rubbing the front part of the fender?
    question 2: will i have to adjust the front driveshaft any to do this?

thanks for the info guys, if all goes to plan im gonna put in these zero rates, then shackle flip the rear w/ the one from echobit.... so i get rid of my rear blocks.

2. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

Answers to those questions can be summed up pretty much with a "It's possible". It all depends on where you splines are at now on your driveshaft. I mean if you already have too much stuff into the splines, then moving the axle forward will bring it out some into the "sweet spot". But if you are already past the sweet spot and have very little spline being used, then moving the axle forward just a bit will make a big difference and you possibly will have to get your front shaft retubed.

As far as the tires rubbing, I think moving the axle forward will cure your problems (not that it's a big problem) and will work out pretty good for you.

3. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

You will also get an extra inch of lift from the zero rates, so that will also help keep the tires out of the sheetmetal. Be sure to account for that so your rear height matches.

4. Confederate9

Confederate9 1/2 ton status

yea i plan to take my 4in blocks out in the back and put in the shackel flip from echobit, and his says its like 5.75 inches or something [im not sure the exact number]