Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question on rim sizes?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by d coenen, Apr 19, 2006.

1. d coenen

d coenen Registered Member

i have a set of ag tires [tractor tires] they are 13.50-16.1 iam trying to find rims for them. i know all the stuff about not to put a 15 inch tire on a 16 inch rim and all of that. but can you put a 16.1 tire on a 16 inch rim? and if not why will it keep comeing off the bead? is there a way to modify the rim?maybe 16.5 ? the reason is why to use one of those rims is cause you can find them everywhere. i got 16.1 rims but they are16 inches wide any info will help thanks guys

2. d coenen

anyone?

3. Masiony

Masiony 1/2 ton status

you can try it but it aint going to work. the beads probably arent even the same style. and dont most tractor tires use tubes? some aftermarket rims dont allow for tubes. i assume since these are ag tires, they will never see the road. you might be able to modify a 16 steel rim, but you would probably be better off getting a 16.1 rim blank and making or getting a center made for it.

4. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Do not mount a 16.1 on a 16" truck wheel. They are designed totally different. It will seam to work and hold just enough air to kill you. 16.1's are also a low speed ag tire BTW.

5. d coenen

i found some rims for them just have to cut out the inside and make new bolt pattern thanks for the replys.