Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question on ses codes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rh88k5, Nov 15, 2002.

1. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

Every once in awhile my engine will stumble, then the service engine light comes on. I checked th code, last week it was 24 (vss loss of signal) now this week it shows a 12 (ecm functioning, no distributer pulse) I checked it the same way as last week, is 12 a normal signal, the ses light only comes on once in awhile, if I shut it off and restart it, it doesnt always come back on, and the engine runs fine for awhile. Can anyone help with this problem? Is ther another way to check the codes without spending big bucks on scanners? Any advice would be appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Are you using the paper clip trick to check the codes? If so, the 3 12 codes are normal. Any stored codes will flash after the initial 12 codes. Then, the 12 codes should flash again to let you know there are no more codes stored.

I'm not sure what troubleshooting steps to take with a code 24, but if you seach around for "GM ECM Codes" you'll find all kinds of helpful info on the web.

Good luck,
    Thomas.

3. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

Thanks for the info, I figured a 12 code sounded normal, I will try again tomorrow to see if 24 comes up again, and yes I am using the paper clip method. Any ideas as to where to search for gm ecm codes?this site and email is the extent of my computer usage! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Um, check the Garage...........

Doesn't anyone read this stuff???? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

5. rh88k5

rh88k5 Registered Member

Yes, people actually do read this stuff, thats how I knew what the codes meant, I was looking for some troubleshootig tips, like Stoopalini suggested!