Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Question on soft tops from Kayline?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by buttman, Apr 21, 2000.

1. buttman

buttman Registered Member

Yeah I've been thinking about purchasing a soft top for my 1989 Blazer and I was just curious on how good they are. How many of you guys have gotten one of these tops from this company? and do you think there worth the price thanks, John

2. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I don't know about the half cab version but I have a Kayline top for my full vert and love it! It seals better that the old rubber on my hardtop. It is allot noisier goin down the road but hey, I loveit!!!
    The price is very high, some have had thier own made by local custome shops! Something to consider....
    I got mine about 6yrs ago and it still is holding up well. I switch back and forth from soft to hard so that ain't 6yrs straight, you get the idea[​IMG]

Rock ON![​IMG] 72 K5 [​IMG]

3. buttman

How much did yours cost? And how long did it take you to get it? I live in California and I think it would be sweet this summer to have a soft top. The only thing im worried about is people breaking into my Blazer. Have you had any problems with theft? Anyways thanks John

4. Whenever you have a soft top or the top off, break-ins can increase. There is nothing you can really do about it besides not keeping anything valuble inside the truck.

Also keep your doors unlocked, if they see something they want and the doors are locked, they WILL rip through the soft top. And then that is lost also.

Good luck

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

5. buttman

Thats why i'm kind of worried because i have a Kenwood 10 disk changer and two amps. I usually have good luck but thanks about leaving your doors unlocked thats a great idea, John

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I just installed a Tuffy security console with a compartment for stero, it is big enough to easily put a couple of amps, see the review on the main page.

Steve

7. snidgen

snidgen Registered Member

kayline rocks! got a tan one on my blazer and a black one on my jeep. would reccommend the deniem over the regular though the denium looks like stock jeep tops and the regular can be armouralled for a shiney finish

Opinions are like assholes...you know the rest

8. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

I've had my Kayline top a few months and have already had 5 snaps pull out. It fits good but the snaps are super tight, it's painful to push the snaps together that hold the sides and rear up.
    CB

9. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

Kayline just came out with the new Fast Trac model for the 76-91 K5's. You can get different colors and tinted windows. Like Steve said, you can protect your stuff with a Tuffy console. Most stereos have a detachable face plate these days. Don't forget it shaves the weight off your pig which helps with milage and off-road.

Shawn
    <font color=blue>87 K5</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>454, 6", D60, 14 blt, 465, 205</font color=red>
    www.off-road.com