Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

question on tire size

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by hd-10, Nov 3, 2004.

1. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

i got a 91 blazer with a 4 inch susp. lift can i fit 36" iroks under it with out a body lift or cutting the finder? if i got to cut the finders about how much?

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

no, they will rub. trim those fenders. I really havent done THAT much trimming and I fit 39.5x15x15 under 5" of lift.

j

3. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

did you have to cut the whole finder or just the corners off? also front and back or just the front

4. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[​IMG]

4" lift, 36" Iroks. The portion by the firewall is the most critical area to trim, that where the tire will rub the most. The front part also needs trimming, but not as much. I also run no sway bar, so that makes a difference.

Here is another pic http://community.webshots.com/photo/77295930/77296397TJrXoU this one shows where the inner fender was located in realtion to how much of the outer fender was removed. Other pics in that album as well.

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Wow, you can't even tell where you made the cuts at... You must be an expert at autobody.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Well once upon a time it looked "ok" but that was a few wheelin trips ago /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif And I still stand by "it's not my fault" /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I really havent done THAT much trimming

[/ QUOTE ]

I call B.S. on that one! I wuz there dood! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

8. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

look like a lot to cut off. how do you like your iroks? i am getting mine put on on friday.

9. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

I like them so far, but that said I have only been around the block a few times with them, just got them last weekend /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif They are also big for 36's, they are .1 inches shorter than the 37" Irok radial. Think actual diameter was 36.8". And mounted on my truck at 30 PSI they measure about 35.5"

Now I just have to get them in the dirt and see how they work where it counts!

10. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I was running 38x15.50 TSL Radials on a 4" lift. I cut the sh!t out of the fenders and they would still rub the firewall. I think w/ a 4" and 36's you are going to have to do some trimming reguardless if you put on a body lift or not if you plan on wheelin' it very much.

11. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

If you like that body work, check this out!

[​IMG]

Thats right, got out my "body" hammer (aka BFH) and my super awesome welder featuring .035 flux core wire.....oh yeah, thats precision work there! Maybe I can get a zoomed in shot showing the awesome booger welds /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. jekbrown

lol!! well, ok... but compared to some rigs on ck5 I dont have too much. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif here is a pic...

[​IMG]

doesnt really show the front wheel well to good... but you get the point. If ya want, I'll go out in the driveway and shap a straight-on pic from the side so you can see exactly how I did the front.

j

13. hd-10

hd-10 1/2 ton status

that looks like you did a good job on the fenders. thanks for the pic doesn't look like you had to cut too much off of the front of the front fender mostly just the back. is that right?

14. jekbrown

on the front part of the front wheel well I chopped the "fangs" off and then did a small angle cut on the outter edge. On the rear side of the same wheel well, i did the ck5-standard chop, which makes the outter fender about even with the floorboard behind the pedals. I'll take a good pic for ya tomorow morning...

j